PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival and EMH?

estein80
06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
I am trying to finalize my ADR's as we are now 94 days out and I can make my reservations Sunday morning. I am trying to decide which day/night would be better for Food and Wine, so that I can work our other dinners around it. I am debating Sunday or Monday. It looks like there will probably be EMH Monday night at Epcot. (I say probably because the hours haven't been released yet, and I'm guessing based on the Sept calendar.) Is it better to do Food and Wine on an EMH night or not. We are planning on a low key trip (mostly for MNSSHP) and are not looking to go crazy. I am not interested in the EMH itself.

momofdisneyprincess
06-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I would suggest doing Monday for the F&W festival. In my experience, the countries in Epcot are packed on the weekends during the F&W Festival. Perhaps due to people going for just the weekend. Again, just my experience.

pox24
06-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes, Epcot on week end for the F & W is wall to wall. On our last three visits we chose mid day and found it delightful even on the week end. Ate around the world for lunch and made late ADR's for dinner. :thumbsup:

Aggie97
06-30-2009, 05:12 PM
When we visited last October, I believe the Food & Wine Festival booths were closed during evening EMH.... :mickey:

estein80
06-30-2009, 10:42 PM
When we visited last October, I believe the Food & Wine Festival booths were closed during evening EMH.... :mickey:

Thank you. I'm not planning on staying staying for EMH, I am just wondering how crazy it will be due to the evening EMH.

Aggie97
07-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Ah, I see. It rained on and off the afternoon and evening when we were there, so I don't think we got an accurate feel for the usual Food & Wine Festival crowds on an EMH day/evening. The booths were not terribly crowded, but I have a feeling the weather played a large part in that. :mickey: