PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions POR

where_else
06-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to give :mickey:. We have stayed at POFQ several times and are thinking of staying at POR next time. One of the things I like about FQ rooms is the ceiling fan, I am always freezing in the air conditioning so we usually turn it down and turn on the overhead fan. Do the POR rooms have ceiling fans? Also, I really like the decor of the Alligator Bayou rooms, but there are only 2 of us (adults), do you think it will be hard to get a room in AB if requested? I know that these are for families needing the trundle bed. I don't really want to stay in the mansions. Thanks again!

sassafras
06-30-2009, 08:30 AM
We've stayed at POR several times and I'm fairly sure there are ceiling fans. There are only 2 of us and we have only been assigned to Magnolia Bend (the mansions) once. Of course, I usually request Alligator Bayou and NOT a view of a parking lot when I make our reservations. Hope this helps!

jonahbear2006
06-30-2009, 08:54 AM
We are staying there for the 1st time in September and I am concerned because I am a Deluxe or a Camping girl. We usually avoid the middle grade hotels cause they typically are small and not nearly as nice. I get hotel anxiety so it helps me out a great deal to feel like I am staying in a lavish resort. I am wondering how much room there is to move around inside of these Alligator Bayou rooms. I will have to be diligent about putting the trundle bed away but still worried there wont be enough room for us to stay comfortably for 2 weeks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-30-2009, 09:16 AM
We stayed at POR for our honeymoon, and it was just lovely.

There are ceiling fans (we love that about Disney hotels rooms) and the rooms are "standard" size. They're bigger than a Holiday Inn, but not TONS of extra room.

We booked a King Bed room for our honeymoon, and stayed in AB, so they do put couples as well as families in AB. Just request it on your reservation.

Disney Doll
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
We were at POR last year and were assigned to Alligator Bayou without any special request. I'm pretty sure I remember a ceiling fan. The theme isn't quite my style, but we loved the resort grounds. It really is a beautiful resort. I've never stayed at a deluxe so I really can't compare the room size, but it seemed plenty roomy to me. We are a family of 3, but with a stroller and lots of baby gear we take up a fair amount of space.

tink2006
06-30-2009, 09:44 AM
We have stayed at POR many times - both the AB and Mansions. We personally prefer the mansions. We have always had a positive experience with our room requests. Maybe we have just been lucky. I do not think you will have too much problem getting an AB room.

Hope you have a wonderful stay. POR is huge compared to the FQ but is is very relaxing. The grounds are just beautiful! :cloud9:

I can't wait! I will be there this weekend.....

jans2kids
06-30-2009, 12:06 PM
We just returned from a 11 day stay at the POR yesterday. We stayed in the AB section and the rooms do have ceiling fans. We were 2 adults and 2 teens and did not feel crowded in the room even with all the luggage. The trundle bed was pushed under the one bed and we were able to store the smaller pieces of luggage under the other.

I know people have said that it doesn't do any good to fax room requests anymore, but when me made our reseravtions we did not make any room requests so I sent a fax 2 days before we arrived requesting a room in the AB sections on the 1st floor, a corner room and listed 4 buildings that were away from the main entrance, food court and the main pool.

We got all 4 requests. We stayed in building 39 which was about a 6 minute walk to the food court, 2 1/2 minutes form the north bus depot, 4 minutes form the west bus depot, we had a quiet pool right behind our building and it felt like there was never anyone around us.

If anyone has any other questions about POR let us know.

#1donaldfan
06-30-2009, 12:23 PM
...yes ceiling fans....

....to our advantage and good fortune, we have ALWAYS had our requests honored. That being said, I can only guess it's because we check in right at 7 AM. We know we won't get our room (once we did), we just like getting there very early, getting the hopper passes and hitting the parks....so, if the two of you want AB, I'd make sure and get there early.....!!

luvemall
06-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Stay at POFQ

POR does have ceiling fans. I just returned from my vacation there (6/19-6/26). The property is pretty but the POFQ has a quaint ambience that POR does not have.
I stayed in POFQ in 2005. The staff at POFQ tried to accommodate our every need and request, but the POR was just the opposite. We requested bldg 14 or 15 as my mom had just had knee surgery 2 months ago (and she is 73). They not only didn't honor the request but they assigned us to bldg. 37 which is as far away from everything as possible. They didn't even attempt to give us a corner room or any other good will offering. Also, I requested a late checkout and you might think that being our 15th visit they would try to accommodate but it made no difference.
Our last day there, I had to go over to POFQ because they had a certain pin in stock that POR did not have and when I got to POFQ a gentleman opened the door (a door man) and welcomed me in with a smile and let me out the same way; the lady in the gift shop was really helpful and nice. They just don't offer that kind of hospitality at POR, unfortunately.
I hope your vacation will be awesome!

where_else
07-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks for all of the wonderful info. As I said we have stayed at FQ several times and really like it, but I was looking to change things up a bit. We are also looking at WL, we stayed there quite a few years ago and thought we might splurge a little again. I'm just a little worried about the food options, I'm a vegetarian (and pretty picky) and can't remember what WL offers. This year at FQ we bought a loaf of bread and peanut butter/jelly at the beginning of our trip. It came in handy quite a few times.