PDA

View Full Version : snack credits

DeniseMB
06-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Where are some good locations to use your snack credits while on the DDP?
:mickey:

Zippy 1
06-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Dole Whips near POC in MK. I would get at least 1 a day on our last trip.:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2009, 09:25 PM
I second the Dole Whips! They are so yummy!

We use our snack credits a lot at the resort, there seems to be better choices there. We get beignets (we stay at FQ), fruit bowls and fresh cookies.

We also get a couple frozen lemonades and popcorn, I love the slushy lemonades!

cal5755
06-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh my there are so many many great snacks to get!!

I am #3 to say DOLE WHIP float!! So YUMMY!!

My DS loved the icecream cookie sandwiches from the main street bakery.. it was so big he couldnt finish it all....

My mom loves tinkerbell twists... a frozen drink .. it is yummy but kind of tart too.....

I could go on forever with snacks lol... there are tons you can get and lots of them are yummy!!

DeniseMB
06-30-2009, 03:35 AM
I was so surprised on my last visit with the DDP.
I thought snacks meant an apple or banana, maybe a soda or water.

The last day at All Stars Movies, I realized snack meant banana split. :mickey:

doombuggygal
06-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Kaki Gori in Japan & Creme Brulee in Sunshine Seasons. Yum!:thumbsup:

GottaLvDisney
06-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I have got to try the Dole Whip this time around since everyone here raves about it....

My kids loved the Mickey rice-krispy treats, but I think we used most of ours at the resort also - donuts for breakfast, chips, cookies, etc...

jonahbear2006
06-30-2009, 09:08 AM
floats, cheesecake, cinnomin rolls from MK bakery, carmel apples, dole whip, tinkerbell twist(kinda like an icee), mickey mouse bars, make your own snack at goofys candy company, churros, cotton candy. ... its allll goood!

DeniseMB
06-30-2009, 11:58 AM
These are great.:mickey: Keep 'em coming :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
06-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Another vote for Dole Whip.
The vote is nearly unaniMOUSE.

DisneyFr33k
06-30-2009, 12:08 PM
If you are going during the Food and Wine Festival, we'd recommend using them at the food kiosks at Epcot. Each year we go during the festival and use all our snack credits there. It is so filling, it counted as our lunch!

#1donaldfan
06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
.....a lot of good choices above, but I do have to say that the snack credit possibilities are not what they used to be.....in that, if you have unused ones and just want some hard candy to "savor" once you get home, those choices are very few and far between now. Most places have a small wall of items where snack credits are found and the wall seems to be shrinking....now of course this does not take away from the usual popcorn, floats, and drinks .. etc...it's just those non-perishable ones are getting elusive.....

Ksmith75
06-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Itzakadoozie!! I love using a snack credit on that. It is a sherbert Ice pop thing. My husband and I got one each at Epcot - and 3 little kids saw us with them - then we saw them 3 minutes later - each with one! They are good. Dole whips and the pinapple spear at Aloha Aisle are great. Cream cheese stuffed pretzel in Futureworld was awesome!

doombuggygal
06-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Also chocolate covered frozen bananas!

Tinkerbellaella
06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Dole Whip Floats, cinnamon glazed almonds, smoothies, milk shakes, and of course a Mickey Ice Cream bar!:bar: They all are in MK... hmmm... could that be why it is my favorite park???

prttynpnk
06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
We always end up at Goofys candy co in DTD buying fudge and pecan turtles from the display case.

pandkx3
06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Tye dye cheesecake at pop, huge blueberry and chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, chocolate covered frozen bananas at ak:mickey:

DeniseMB
07-01-2009, 01:37 AM
This is great. Thank you for your input. I might have to design my DDP around snacks. :mickey:

angyl15
07-01-2009, 09:18 AM
My favorite is the mickey shaped rice krispy treats at Goofy's in DTD. They make great souvenirs and are the best krispy treats I have had! Mine is covered in dark chocolate, with mini M&Ms, mini chocolate chips and drizzled in caramel....mmmm delicious!

beksy
07-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I love the Dole Whip Floats and the ice cream cookie sandwiches from Mainstreet Bakery. :mickey:

steamboat willy
07-01-2009, 02:16 PM
A previous "snack post" suggested going to the Boardwalk with left over snacks credits and taking yummy fudge home for later.

Saron the Great
07-03-2009, 07:06 PM
All great ideas, THANKS!!!

Pop Centurion
07-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich and/or Carrot Cake in the Main Street Bakery. My girlfriend & I each got one but the Carrot Cake was so big she couldn't finish it. Next time we just got the Carrot Cake to share & we still had trouble finishing it.

Obviously Dole Whips & Dole Floats are great.

Kringla Bakery in Norway is a favorite of ours as well. We also like to get a Kaki Gori in Japan too.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie's at the stand outside of the RnR are good too. We get one at least once every trip.

The Tinkerbell Twist that some mentioned sounds good. Will definitely have to try one this upcoming trip. Can't go wrong with Watermelon & Sour Apple slush

DeniseMB
07-04-2009, 01:45 PM
What is a Kaki Gori? :mickey:

doombuggygal
07-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Kaki Gori is delicious shaved ice that is sold from a stand in the Japan area of World Showcase in Epcot. The flavors are Honeydew or Strawberry. It is very good.

DeniseMB
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. That does sound good. :mickey: