PDA

View Full Version : For those with mobility issues, but not necessarily

yasmina
06-29-2009, 07:28 PM
need a wheelchair or ECV.

I had back fusion surgery 2 years ago. While my pain level is significantly lower, I still have trouble walking long distances or standing for long periods.

For our last 2 trips, we could have made a fortune selling - what I believe they're called - "Golf chairs" from Dick's.

Basically, they are 3 legged canes that turn into small seats when needed. I had no trouble going through airport security with it, nor security at the parks.

In addition, many, MANY people commented and complimented us on it. They wanted to know where to get one!

Please understand, I don't mean to take anyuthing away from anyone who needs wheels. But I am simply presenting an alternative for those who are mobile with significfant difficulties.

faline
06-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Having had a few surgeries that slowed me down from time to time, I can appreciate the need to have a break from being on your feet. I've seen the canes you mention and think they're a great idea! Thanks for mentionin them!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2009, 08:24 PM
When I was a kid, we'd take them with us to parades and stuff...they are just great for anyone who needs to sit down from time to time.

Marilyn Michetti
07-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I THINK they're "banned" from the parks? They were at one time anyway. Anybody know for sure?:confused:

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I have knee problems and was going to take one of those chairs to use as a cane and chair when needed. I don't want to rent a wheelchair. i think i can manage as long as i can sit once in a while.
can someone confirm if they are allowed?

Dznygrl79
07-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Glad your fusion went well I may be looking at that not far in the future. Another option is a rollator with a seat. Think of a walker on wheels with a basket and seat. They also have a place for a food tray. I may be getting one of these myself as a recently found out I have a bilateral pars defect n my L5 and after standing for about 20 mins my leg goes numb and gets weak.