PDA

View Full Version : Shades of green

Rosemickey68
06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Do they put shampoo and conditioner in the rooms or should I bring my own?

The Shady Shuttle that runs to the end where you can walk to the Poly...anyone know what time it runs???

I saw on a post they don't have microwaves in the rooms...however the SOG site says it has microwaves, coffee makers, and a refrigerator in the suites.....Can anyone confirm this please?!?

Thanks!:mickey:

T-Belle
06-29-2009, 07:57 PM
They do have both shampoo & conditioner but no microwave. And as I recall the shuttle is a hit or miss thing. I really don't remember there being a schedule but I'm sure someone else will be along to verify this or not.

wdwfansince75
06-29-2009, 09:13 PM
The Shady Shuttle is managed by the Bell staff. They are usually available, when not serving guests checking in or out....If you are patient, they usually go out of their way to serve. But the walk is really short...Or use the TTC bus, and the monorail for MK or EPCOT.

We noted the lack of microwaves on our last two trips....but there are coffee makers and refigerators. If you are a heavy coffee drinker, as DW and I are, you might consider bringing your favorite brew.

DisneyMiMi
06-30-2009, 09:00 AM
If you have any questions about Shades of Green, you can go to their website and send them an email. They will either email you back or call you. Yes, I said call you like the nicest lady who called me yesterday. I, too, had a question about the shuttle. She told me the quickest and most relieable way would be to walk to the Poly and ride the monorail to MK. She promised me the walk was only about 10 minutes and pleasant. We're planning on doing that but if the shuttle is running - we'll definitely take that.

jrpersinger
06-30-2009, 09:53 AM
They have Shampoo, but I don't remember ever getting Cond. They have the shampoo in a 2 side dispenser in the shower. It also has body wash (hand soap) in it.

DH swears we had a microwave in our room in 04/05. I don't remember it. But we have not had one since then.

The shuttle is really hit or miss. It only runs during certain hours. I think it starts at 8 or 8:30. I know it wasn't running when we tried to catch it for our 7:30am ADR for Ohana. And it will NOT pick you up on the return unless you get lucky and it is at the turn dropping someone off.

Sora1978
06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
They have been renovating rooms during my last two trips (May 08 and Jan 08) so the microwaves may only be available in certain rooms. I had a dorm-style microwave and refridgerator combination. The microwave was just big enough to cook a bag or popcorn and the fridge did not have a real freezer.

Both rooms had a small 4 cup coffee pot but there is a starbucks near the AAFES/ice cream shop/ticket office so I never bothered trying the coffee.

I don't remember a scheduled bus stop at the Poly. I think you could walk there in the time it would take you to track down a bell hop and arrange for a courtesy shuttle. Busses ran to the TTC every 20 minutes but we usually walked to the Poly because we enjoy the Monorail so much (best ride at disney ;)).

Enjoy your trip and thanks for your service!

mudpuppysmom
07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
We've stayed several times and we have always had a fridge and coffee maker, but never a microwave. RE: the frige.....if you put your water bottles on the top shelf and crank the temp all the way down (as cold as it will go), your water will be frozen in the morning after being there all night -- we do it all the time.

There is shampoo and bodywash in the shower, but I didn't like it, so I bring my own for us, plus the kids are afraid of getting shampoo in their eyes, so I bring them baby shampoo.

The ShadyShuttle was available when we were there the last time at 7:30 am on our way to breakfast. I think that if you walk down and see it, you should ask to use it -- if you don' tsee it parked out front, ask about it, it might be that they are on a run already and will be right back and take you next. I have read that if you want a return trip you should call bell services when you get to the Poly and then walk over to the path and they will be there waiting for you, but I'd just walk back or take the bus from the TTC....it's too much to remember to have the bell service number on me and remember to call them!

As someone else said, if you go to their site and email them, they will get back to you very quickly! And if you have further questions, they are always there to answer them.

Marilyn Michetti
07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
We've never had a microwave in our room, but there is one in the laundry room, ONLY for popcorn. It would really be nice if there was one in the snack coves where the vending machines are, or have someplace where they might sell foodstuffs for after hours. Evergreens sports bar has closed, so there aren't any options for late night. ( I will SO miss Evergreens).
The Shady Shuttle is just "there" - no schedule. The bus to TTC is on the half hour, and they don't wait, but the walk isn't much.
We're looking forward to another stay at SOG in early Dec.:thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
While Evergreens has closed you can still order "late" from Manginos......they have a lot of the same items from Evergreens menu now. When I specifically asked about it, the woman from Guest Services told me that they have melded the two restaurants together and you can order late from Manginos ......somehow I think this took away from Manginos!

Rosemickey68
07-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Just got back a few days ago...so to help anyone out with my questions. Here is some of the answers.
We stayed in the 8 person suite...it had a small refrigerator, small microwave, and a coffee pot.
The suite was nice and having 2 bathrooms was a big plus!
There is shampoo (which supposively has conditioner in it!?! But I couldn't tell!) and a body wash dispenser in the showers. They also left a goody bag with a sample size bottle of shampoo/conditioner and lotion, scope and a facial cleanser cloth.
The shady shuttle only ran between 0830 and 1800, so it didn't work for us and we never used it. We did ask about it once but it wasn't available...apparently you can ask to see if the shuttle is avail!?!? Didn't work for us so....
The walk to the Poly was 7 minutes walking a leisurely pace. We just used the monorail and Disney buses from and to the Poly. We only took the SOG bus once and that was going to the AK....wasn't impressed at all....it may just be me, but they seem to drive REALLY slow!
We got a Pizza from Manginos late one night...it was decent and the price wasn't too bad.
Hope this helps someone else out!:mickey: