PDA

View Full Version : Special Needs Kid Friendly Restaurants near Disney

shellyb627
06-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Even though our son is technically "non-verbal", he is quite vocal when we go to restaurants. Usually not in a negative way, but more of a very excited, very LOUD laughing sort of way. We often find ourselves uncomfortable about the disturbance he may be causing other diners, so we try to find places that are open or loud enough, so he blends in. Any suggestions near Disney?
Thanks
Michelle

teambricker04
06-30-2009, 12:28 AM
How about places like pizza... Giordano's (chicago style) is good and there is one in Lake Buena Vista and in Orlando. It is nummy.

Crabby Bills in Kissimmee... I have only been to the one in St. Pete, but it is no means a quiet resturant. Plus, it is decent seafood.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

piglet,pooh,and goofy2
06-30-2009, 12:42 AM
We have found that Joe's Crab Shack (chain) works for us . 7 year old son has aspergers & adhd. They have a playground outside. Inside is super casual. It is usually loud with music. At times the wait staff will dance. My son goes out and dances with them. His favorite part is the paint a crab dessert ( paint a rice krispie crab with chocolate and strawberry syrup). Husband likes the seafood. It is close to WDW.---Kim :piglet: :pooh: :goofy:
:rocks: Wendy @ magical journeys:angel:

VolMickey
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Great to see ICOT friends sharing advice on things like this. My DD is very sensitive to noise (born very early) and we have to be careful about restaurants and the like. At Disney, we also have to warn her ahead of time in shows and rides, but she ususally does well.

Again, thanks for sharing. God bless!