PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma of 1st floor rooms

liebeheiss
06-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I always stay on the top floor of POFQ because I am afraid that I won't sleep due to footsteps, loud tv's or little children jumping and running across the floor. I'd like to hear from those who have stayed on the 1st floor of hotels. I'm not bothered by foot traffic outside the room. WDW Reservations tell me that the rooms are insulated and that you can't hear people overhead if you have a 1st floor room. Is this true?

Scott C
06-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I have stayed first floor at POR several times. I have never had a problem with upstairs noise-only next door and people walking by(and mousekeeping knocking on the door entirely too early)

Thanks
Scott C

divinedi
06-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Stayed on the top floor of POFQ as well, so can't help you there, but I've stayed on the bottom floor at ASSports, and the only sound I really hear is other toilets flushing, but rarely foot traffic, unless they are really stomping around I'm guessing. Neighbour doors and noisy kids outside, yes.

Disney Doll
06-29-2009, 05:06 PM
We usually request a 1st floor room if there is no elevator so we aren't stuck lugging things up and down stairs. Especially frustrating with a baby in a stroller. I've never noticed any upstairs noise.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
We stayed on the ground floor at POFQ last year, and no problems at all with noise from above. In fact, we had little issues with noise at all...the main walkways (streets) are far enough away from the rooms. The only noise we heard was from the room next door (it was a connecting room, and some noise came through the door area).

Tinkerbellaella
06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
We just got back and we were on the first floor next to the pool at POFQ. When we got to our room and saw where it was I was nervous about the noise above as and the pool noise. Much to our surprise it was not a problem. I love the location and would request it again. Like others said above, the only real noise we heard were people flushing toilets.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-29-2009, 07:03 PM
I have stayed on 1st floor of POFQ twice. Never issues with noise except we were in the building next to the Food Court. At 5am or so I would heard a delivery truck backing up to unload the daily supplies (beep..beep..beep).

PiratesCove
06-29-2009, 07:48 PM
We stayed on the 2nd floor of POFQ. We didn't experience any problems. We were in building 4 right next to the food court!

EpcotFan182
06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
The only times I've stayed in first floor rooms was when I stayed at the GF and my most recent trip at the BWV. I had no problems with noise at all.

I'm usually not the type of person who likes to stay on the first floor, but the room at the BW was actually nice because it was right by the bus stop and the quiet pool.

faline
06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
We stayed on the first floor of Port Orleans Riverside and were one of the furthest rooms out on the corner. Still, I remember being awoken one morning by a very loud family passing our room. On the other hand, I've had very noisy experiences on the inside corriders in some of the deluxes. On one stay at the Poly, we were put into a room with a connecting door (We didn't know the family on the other side). Apparently, the children in the adjoing room were having a terrific time opening the adjoining door on their side and then slamming it closed. Once is curiosity -when you get the 20th or 30th time, it gets downright annoying! It did not stop until we called the desk and complained. On other occasions, we've had very loud folks pass our room very late at night. Clearly, they enjoyed extra magic hour or Pleasure Island (now gone) but didn't think about those of us who had gone to bed earlier. We've also had very loud families run up and down the halls early in the morning or repeatedly slam doors.

All I ask is that you ask your children to use their inside voices when they traverse the hallways early in the morning or late at night. And I ask the same of all the adults as well! I do not expect complete quiet when I travel but I do expect that my fellow travelers will be as considerate of me as I try to be of them.

mouseketeer mom
06-29-2009, 09:47 PM
We always request ground floor. For us, being a family of five, it just feels like we have more room when we can open our patio doors and walk out. Never had a noise issue with any of our stays.

Aggie97
06-29-2009, 10:15 PM
We almost always stay in ground floor rooms and never have had issues with noise from the guests above us. However, when we stayed at POFQ, we were in a ground floor corner room, near (almost beneath) an outside stairwell. Unfortunately we found it to be a very unfavorable location, as every morning (and several times very late at night), we were woken by guests dragging suitcases up and down the stairs (clump, clump, clump on each step). :mickey:

Lizzie
06-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Did ground floor our last trip and didn't have an issue. With two strollers and no elevators ground floor is needed.