PDA

View Full Version : Very confused and irritated about ticket for child!

Wrigley
06-29-2009, 03:25 PM
I have called Disney several times asking if I will need a park ticket for my DD who is now 2 but will turn 3 while on our trip. Up until today the answer was no-as long as she is 2 when you check in, she is considered 2 your whole trip. Well, I read something today contradicting that so I called once again. The person that I talked to at Disney told me that I do indeed need to purchase park tickets for my DD once she turns 3. Does anyone know if this is true. I have been getting so many different answers, I'm not sure which one is true. I'm very confused! :mickey:

It'sWDW4me
06-29-2009, 03:34 PM
If you wanted to be technically (and morally) correct, yes, you should probably buy tickets for the days that your daughter is 3. Would the CM's be all over you to buy a ticket for this 3 yrs, 2 day old person? I sincerely doubt it.

IMHO if your daughter is 3 for the last day or two of your trip, don't sweat it. If she turns 3 on the second day of your 14 day trip, then yeah, I'd buy tickets.

NJGIRL
06-29-2009, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't buy the tickets. They are not going to question you about her age and they can't tell the difference between a two year plus 300day old and a three year old . Save yourself the stress and stop worring about it. In all of our trips my son has never been questioned about his age.

MidnTPK
06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
If you wanted to be technically (and morally) correct, yes, you should probably buy tickets for the days that your daughter is 3. Would the CM's be all over you to buy a ticket for this 3 yrs, 2 day old person? I sincerely doubt it.

IMHO if your daughter is 3 for the last day or two of your trip, don't sweat it. If she turns 3 on the second day of your 14 day trip, then yeah, I'd buy tickets.I believe the previous poster is incorrect. I've seen the MJ agents here on Intercot say that if your child is under 3 at check-in, then s/he's under 3 for the trip from WDW's perspective.

But in any case, I suggest writing to your TA or the manager of the resort you are staying at. Get the answer in WRITING. bring proof of age for your child (yes, a birth certificate or passport).

Strmchsr
06-29-2009, 04:01 PM
The way I understand it is if you have a package deal and the child is 2 on the day of check-in then they are considered 2 for the entire trip. If you're doing separate day-by-day tickets then, technically, you need a ticket once the child turns 3. It's goofy and seems impossible to get a straight answer.

swampfox28
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I had a similiar situation when we brought our DS and DD a couple of years ago; DS was 9 but turned 10 years old 2 days before our trip was over.

I asked and was told he was considered a child (under 10) since the trip started before his birthday. He was considered a child for DDP and admission... I was also worried that it was unethical, but asked someone from Disney services on the phone and that's what I was told.

-Sarah

jakeybake
06-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way but why would you even tell them that she is going to be 3 on the trip, or even 3 at all?

Maybe I'm just dishonest but how would they know otherwise?

I would NEVER tell them that my child is going to be 3 after I check in and at the time she is 2.

Jay

DizneyRox
06-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Since everyone needs the same admission media on a package, this would be impossible to accomplish.

If they are under age at check in, you are fine for the entire trip. Now, if you resort hop, and they are 3 for the entire second (or third) resort in your stay, they yes, you should get a ticket for that stay.

Go by reservation numbers and the age at check-in for each reservation.

Remember though, no ticket, no dining plan for them.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-29-2009, 11:20 PM
It has been posted here on Intercot (which I assume is correct) that it is official Disney policy to treat anyone who is having a birthday during their trip (either 2 going on 3 or 9 going on 10) as being the younger age for the purpose of tickets and dinning for the duration of your trip. You are not cheating the system, that is how the system is set up. It is not surprising that a CM would get this wrong, but don't sweat it, your child rightfully gets a free ride!

However, if you do not buy tickets for the child, you cannot get a dinning package for the child, but that only matters if you are using the Dinning Plan.

KAT1811
06-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Since everyone needs the same admission media on a package, this would be impossible to accomplish.

:ditto:

2 at check in = no admission fees

steamboat willy
07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Bring him back for his 4th Birthday :party: and buy him a ticket. Enjoy and he's two when you check-in.:secret:

07-01-2009, 09:40 PM
2 at check in = no admission fees

I've had this exact same situation. I was told that he would be considered 2 for the entirety of the trip even though he turned 3 on our fourth day there.

Not "totally" true. Might be true for the resorts but not for the entry turnstiles. The turnstile CM's can, should and will occasionally ask the age of the child. If parent says 3, then the turnstile CM's are instructed to tell the parent to purchase a ticket.

Turnstile CM's have no contact with the resorts to know what the "check-in age" is and it does not show up on the ticketing so their only way of finding out is to ask the parent or child as they come through the turnstiles.

People will even try to pass off 5 year olds as 2 just to try to get out of paying for a ticket. Saw a lady with her children and grandmother going into the park one day and the Turnsitle CM asked the grandmother how old the child was and the kid pipes up "three and one half". The poor mother was arguing up and down that the kid was still 2 but the kid kept saying no mommy, I'm 3 and 1/2. Funny.

Daddy Mouse
07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
We had a similar dilemma when DS was turning 10 during one trip. It was at about the midway point. We called Disney two different times to check on the passes. We were told that our son was 9 when we first used the pass that is the age that they honored.