PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Cruise at CBR

mattandmandy
06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
I can't find anything about this on the resorts page on Disney's website. I went ahead and booked it because it sounded perfect for my little one. Anyone have an kids that did this. Thoughts or opinions? :pirate:

M Riddle
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't have any children, but while staying at CBR we did see some children doing this. It looked like they were having a MAGICAL time. :mickey: And, oh my goodness me was it ever fun to watch. They were searching for treasures in the lake while on board a 'pirate ship'. Each found treasure held a clue to another treasure. It looks like one of the maps lead them to Parrot Cay Island where they docked, and I believe they were going to explore the island and have a picnic lunch. I hope this helps.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2009, 02:32 PM
My kids and my nephews, ages 7,7,9, and 12 did the pirate adventure cruise at CBR on June 9th. They really enjoyed it. Somehow they overbooked it and instead of the max. 10 kids they had 19 kids. In a matter of minutes they had another boat as well as another pirate ready to go so no one was turned away. They boated around on the lake, the pirates told stories, and they looked for treasure on the island. Once the cruise was over they took the chest onto land and each child received a goody bag full of treasure. They had a small plastic pirate chest, coins, rings, eye patch, small plastic toys, and each child also received a pirate bandana. At first I thought they might be too old to really enjoy it, but when I asked them if they wanted to do another pirate cruise at the GF in Nov. they both said yes!!!! Oh, and they were also served lunch, goldfish crackers, uncrustables peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and a juice box. Well worth the price, and it was nice to have 2 hours without kids to do what we wanted to do.