PDA

View Full Version : campfire and smores at a resort?

LoriSan
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Isn't there a campfire at a resort where you can make smores? Is this limited to guests of that resort?

Patricia
06-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes, it's at the Fort Wilderness Campground and is open to all guests, no admission fee.

The firelighting and S'Mores start around 7:30. You can buy the S'More kits for $7 each at the consession stand or bring your own supplies. A sing a long with Chip and Dale follows at 8 and around 8:40 a Disney Movie plays.

:mickey:

Just want to add, you can check out the Disney Camping (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=32) forum for more information and movie schedules.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I remember that there was an announcement that there is also a campfire and s'mores at the Grand Floridian. I haven't been, but that seems to be another option.

TammiMcMan
06-29-2009, 11:40 AM
A number of resorts are offering the movies now and some do have the campfire as well. I believe it's the BC/YC, GF, FW and I think there was a moderate recently added to the ones with a campfire, but I'm not positive.

Whether or not it's open to any Disney resort guest, depends on where it's located. The AllStar has a movie as part of their poolside activities, so I would think that's only open to those particular resort guests. The Swan/Dolphin has been doing poolside movies for a few years now and that's for their guests only.

LoriSan
06-29-2009, 01:14 PM
If I bring my own fixings, do they have something there to use to roast the marshmallows? Besides being resourceful and whittleing down a stick, of course

wifey5794
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Yes, they have sticks to roast your marshmallows. I can buy theirs and it can last us 2 or 3 movies. I wouldn't think to bring my own especially if I am not staying at that resort.