PDA

View Full Version : Best POR bldg-close to bus yet quiet?

KatGat
06-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I've only stayed in building 25 in AB section of POR (really close to west depot) but wanted something closer to main bus stop & food court this time. I was looking at building 18 in AB or Oak Manor in Mangnolia Bend. We'll be using the food court more with free dining this time, too. However, we don't want to be in the middle of lots of traffic and noise in order to be THE closest...Oak manor looks like a little further walk to south depot. It sounds like the east depot wouldn't be good since it's the last stop. Though Magnolia looks a little more formal, I'm sure there are still rabbits, squirrels, and ducks there, like in AB...Any advice?

#1donaldfan
06-29-2009, 12:22 PM
....18 or 14 are great buildings...I've stayed in both.....14 is just beside the food court and a very short walk to the south depot......the entire resort is very quiet, so you shouldn't have a problem with either...:thumbsup:

ryels
06-29-2009, 02:58 PM
We stayed in 14 last November. It is the closest building to both the food court and the main bus stop. We had no noise problems whatsoever. There are some trees behind the building that seem to act as a buffer for any noise that might come from the bus area.

Being able to walk to get drink refills/snacks is great. It's well worth requesting that building. :thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Another vote for building #18. Has quiet pool, very easy walk to food court, old man island, and main bus stop. Can't do much better.