PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer

TinksPixieDust
06-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Do people that order groceries from Garden Grocer normally tip them? and if you do how much?

First time using them, just wondering about the norm...THANKS!:thumbsup:

Disney_Barbie
06-29-2009, 11:38 AM
I know we tipped, but I'm 99.9% sure I recall reading (either on their site or on these boards) that tipping is not necessarily standard, but greatly appreciated.
I think we gave him $5 or so, and he seemed very appreciative.

EmmMOM2
06-29-2009, 12:03 PM
tipping is not necessary but i think we also gave a few bucks.
It was a GREAT place to work with. They were very accommodating..

Disdude
06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
We have never tipped the Garden Grocer delivery folks because they have always left our order at Bell Services. We have always tipped Bell Services when they bring it to the room. I imagine we would tip the Garden Grocer delivery person the same; a few bucks.

VWL Mom
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
I think we tipped them $10 because it included 4 cases of water/soda/beer. If they are leaving it at bell services you can just put the tip on the original form.

Disney Doll
06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
We do tip and it varies depending on how large of an order we place. I tip regardless of whether the package comes directly to us or bell services. I figure they still do the same work to deliver it. I also tip bell services for holding the package and delivering it to the room when we return. The downside to that is that you don't get to check your order before you leave the tip, but after 3 orders with Garden Grocer we've never had a mistake.

NJGIRL
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I tipped them 10% of my order. I normally tip 20% but there is already a delivery charge added to the bill.