PDA

View Full Version : Bippity Boppity Boutique

ponmommy
06-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Im wondering what your thoughts on this experience are? Im planning to take my 6 yo daughter and having her get the "total package"...
I appreciate any feedback on this.....thanks!!

RedSoxandPatsfan
06-29-2009, 07:19 AM
welcome:

We took our girls ages 4,7,9,& 14, and they all loved the expeirience. We skipped the dresses and just did the hair, nails, and makeup. The two older ones chose the "Pop Star" and the smaller ones picked the "Princess" style. They all got sashes to wear.

We were concened about the dresses with the heat. Glad we didn't go that way as it turned out to be very hot that day.

The hair stays put very well. You need to watch out for water rides though. On Splash Mountain we went into the gift shop and asked for gift bags. The girls put these on their head it worked really well.

All the girls got comments during the next few days about how good they looked. They loved the attention.

So I say to do it. She'll love it.

swampfox28
06-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm glad you asked - I'd love to hear info, too.

We're going in November and taking our 2 kids, DS who is 12 and DD who will be JUST shy of 5. Our little princess-wannabe would love to go to the botique I'm sure! We're not planning on doing the full package (I'm not even sure how much that is or what it costs, but I think it involves a dress, pics, etc.) - I figure we can bring a frilly dress and just get her hair done.

Anyone have more info about the different packages or feedback about them? I've never gone in there, but have seen the girls that went and they look cute. I USED to think it was a huge waste of money, but then I had a girl who is so girly and into girly things that I'm now thinking it would make a nice birthday present to send her for something small there.

Thoughts?

-Sarah

thumper13
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM
We did this last October. The girls were 6 and 9 and absolutely loved it. I didn't get the whole package. We only did the hair, nails and make-up princess stlye. So worth it to see their faces glowing. That evening was magic hours at Magic Kingdom and to top their day off, Dale rode on the teacups with them! They wanna do it again this upcoming trip. :mickey:

momofdisneyprincess
06-29-2009, 09:23 AM
My DD has been twice. Once when she was 4 and once when she was 5. Both times we got the hair, makeup, nails package which is aound $50. When you check in, they give you a pamphlet of styles of hair do's. You can then pick one. Both times my daughter picked the princess. Basically, a really tight bun with a small tiara. They sprinkle "pixie dust" on then when they are done and you get to keep the makeup and nail polish. I thought it was definitely worth it. She felt so special. You also get a princess sash as others have commented. They also have a package which includes all of the above plus a dress etc. from the World of Disney store. Personally, I think the price for this is way over the top. We purchased a dress from home and just brought it with us. We saved $50 that way. It is a very nice treat though and I highly recomment the BBB. Enjoy!

Checkers
06-29-2009, 09:32 AM
:mickey:Last Oct. we took our 2 DGDs (one age 5 and the other one just 2 wks. shy of her 3rd birthday) and a niece who was turning 6 when we were down there. We just had the hair, nail package and it was a wonderful experience! I highly recommend it for any princess wannabe.

scootch713
06-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I took my girls for the first time last November. We got an 8am appointment which was great, no waiting. They were 6 and 9. They both loved it. You might want to consider buying your outfit ahead of time. They is the only difference between the whole package and the one where they get hair and nails. Our friends did that package and said the outfits were no better than the disney store ones. So I bought our outfits ahead of time(even got my youngest off ebay for $10 with shipping included, looked brand new). I got very teary eyed several times throughout the process... it was great. Everyone in the parks then treats them "like princesses" all day long, which is another fun part of it all. Enjoy.

gueli
06-29-2009, 11:26 AM
It is great. My DD did it 2 years ago and wants to do it again.
I like the idea of getting the dress ahead of time, but there is something to be said about doing the whole thing while you are there (also the selection). I prefer the one at the castle over the DtD site. it seems more majical.
Also get ADR's to a princess themed luch/dinner.
My DD also loved the extra attention on her throughout the day.

Also smart tip on the dresses for very hot days...(thanks RedSoxandPatsfan)

mousehappy
07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Get your dress before you go like from a disney store or on line. then just ge the hair and nail package and ask for the photographer to take pictures.it is sooooooooo much cheaper.

rjmdds
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I agree with all of the above but just make sure you make that call 90days out for your appointment. The slots do book up. My DD loved it last year. She still make us periodically put the hair piece in her hair when she wants to look 'glam'. I would definitely recommend it. She will LOVE it.

biodtl
07-09-2009, 12:15 PM
My daughter loved it. She was just short of her 5th birthday and it was the most fun she had all week. We did do the whole package. While it would have been cheaper to bring a dress, she really enjoyed the experience of "shopping" for a new one and shoes. one of my favorite photos from that trip was from before the makeover, when she first saw herself in the dress: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66821939@N00/2941690368/in/set-72157608026085829/

That said, I doubt we;d do the whole package again. If we go back we will bring our own dress since she got to experience it once.

And they send them away with the makeup and nail polish, so they have a nice little gift bag/souvenir to take away.

About the hair - it stays in really well. When we got back to the room that night, I took out the hairpiece and left it pulled up and when she woke up, it hadn't moved. I put the hairpiece back in, sprayed her up a little and she wore it a second day.

swampfox28
07-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Those are AWESOME pics - thanks for sharing!!

I like the sparkly extentions; I've only ever seen the little girls with their hair up in the little crown, but that bigger one with the long hair was cool!

Emily (our 4 year old) has pretty short hair right now (earlobe legnth) as she (ahem) found some scissors earlier this year and decided to use them. Without permission.

As much as I CRIED (a lot.) I kind of like her haircut now (shhhh! Mommy's still traumatized and won't THINK of letting Em doing it again); but it really frames her face well and is cute.

I wasn't sure if they'd be able to DO her short hair, but if they can do something like that, maybe they can...

-Sarah