PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Kodak Easyshare Software?

PirateLover
06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I had a version of Easyshare software on my old computer which worked relatively well until I had to install an update, which really seemed to slow down that computer and had to be uninstalled. Funny how I had completely forgotten about that until now. Fast forward about 3 years and I have just purchased a relatively inexpensive Kodak camera that I used on my recent WDW trip. I decided to install the software that came with it on my laptop. BIG MISTAKE! Ever since I did this around noon today, my laptop keeps slowing down, freezing and feeling overheated. I have had this problem off and on with this laptop but never to this extent. It just seems awful coincidental that these issues happened right after I installed the Easyshare software. I just tried to uninstall the program via the add or remove programs feature, and the remove button takes me to the INSTALL screen!!!!
Has anyone else had this kind of problem with this software affecting your computer? How else can I get it off my computer? A restore maybe? HELP!

T-Belle
06-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Your post rings so true that I feel I could have written it! I recently got an e-mail from Kodak that said that if I didn't buy X amount of photo's by a certain date that it would be shut down and I could loose all my pics. So I put all my photo's on cd and I'm now shopping around for a new photo sharing site. My daughter uses Picasa and has never had any problems so I might go there. I feel your pain!!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
06-29-2009, 08:48 PM
I've never had a problem with the software.

brownie
06-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Sometimes the uninstall program runs through the install program, so the uninstaller may be somewhere on that screen.

I use Revo uninstaller to remove all remnants of a program. A good registry cleaner will help clean up after software removal, too.

PirateLover
06-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Brownie, thanks, I did go through the screen and there was no uninstall option! Weird. I restored the computer to a time before the program was installed, and ran System Mechanic, and so far the machine seems to running more smoothly. :fingers: