PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Changing for older Special Needs Children

shellyb627
06-28-2009, 09:52 PM
My son is 9 yrs old with CP, and still wears diapers. It has become more and more difficult to find places to change his diaper. The tables in the restroom are too small, and the first aid stations are often far from where we are at the time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

megustamex
06-29-2009, 12:42 AM
I know that in the back of the Magic Kingdom near Pinocchio's restaurant they have a companion bathroom by the mens/womens bathrooms. They also have one in Epcot before you get to Test Track, also by the mens/womens. That would give you some privacy, but you'd still have to change him on the floor. I don't know if this would work for you, but when my daughter was little she refused to be changed anywhere but on her diaper changing pad that sits on the top of diaper tables. (Like a small mattress). We rolled it up like a tube and carried it with us - we would stick it in the bottom of the stroller basket. I know it wouldn't be incredibly sanitary but maybe if you kept it in a bag or something? I also don't know if that would fit your son but it's an idea.

I would also call Disney and ask them - they might be able to help guide you.

Hayden's Dad
06-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Have you tried the Baby Care Centers they are usually near the First Aid stations. They typically have long tables that might work, if not they have private restrooms and rooms that can be closed by curtains usually for nursing mothers, but I am sure yuo could use them as well. But there is only one in each park and usually it is in the center of the park, except for HS which is at the front of the park.

The companion restrooms like were mentioned earlier might work as well. If you have to change him on the floor maybe buy an inexpensive yoga mat to lay on the floor to give him some comfort and keep him from being on the nasty floor. Good luck keep us informed with what you decide. :mickey: