PDA

View Full Version : Are the pirate rooms more expensive?

Cinderelley
06-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Are the new pirate rooms at CBR more expensive than the other rooms?

wdwnomad
06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes, the pirate rooms are about $25/night more than a standard room at CBR. It is the same price as a preferred/water/king room. You can also reserve a pirate and water view room which is a little more.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-28-2009, 10:38 PM
They're worth it! :pirate:

Cinderelley
06-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Convince me that they are worth it! I never wanted to stay at CBR ever again, but one of my friends is begging and pleading to stay in one of the pirate rooms on our trip.

I know it's a long hike to old port royale. You don't even get to cross the island and hear the music. We had horrible service the last time we were there.

What is so great about them that I should be excited to go back?

GINNY69
06-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Cinderelly, why did you have such a bad experience the last time you were there.. Just curious.. I am staying there in August and I am very excited about it...

TheRustyScupper
06-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Convince me that they are worth it!

1) Alas, I cannot.
2) I just don't think the room decorations warrant the extra cost.

Cinderelley
06-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Cinderelly, why did you have such a bad experience the last time you were there.. Just curious.. I am staying there in August and I am very excited about it...

1. Mold in the rooms (I'm assuming the remodeling took care of this.)
2. There were 3 adults in the room, and Mousekeeping didn't restock our shampoo, soap, etc. We had to call several days into our trip and ask for more. We received one bag full of stuff. Nothing else for the rest of the time we were there.
3. The shower head fell off and hit my friend in the head.

After working 12 hours and a staff meeting afterwards, this is all I can remember right now.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
We were just at CBR in a pirate room earlier this month and our kids loved the rooms. I have to admit, they were adorable. Will never regret staying there or spending the extra money on the pirate room, it was worth every penny. The walk to the main pool, another huge hit with the kids, was not all that bad. I had heard horror stories about the long walk, but honestly...your in WDW, don't you kind of expect to have long walks a good bit of the time. The few times we didn't feel like walking we either drove to Old Port Royal, or took the internal bus. But other than those 2 times we walked it with no problems. We did have a few issues with the resort, but of our last several trips to WDW we've had issuses at whichever resort we were staying at so that's not a CBR problem its what seems to be a WDW resort wide problem. I think its worth giving the resort a second chance and I felt the pirate rooms were worth at least one try.