PDA

View Full Version : SoG to MK by car?

DisneyMiMi
06-28-2009, 05:06 PM
We're staying at Shades of Green and have an 8:00 breakfast scheduled at Crystal Palace on day the park opens at 9:00. My question, after looking on google earth, is how do you get to the entrance of the park when driving your car from Shades of Green? Is the monorail at the Poly up and running that early? The bus does not run that early from the hotel. We'd rather not drive but I'm not sure how else we'd get there on time. Any help isMUCH appreciated!

faline
06-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Monorail should be running for those who have early reservations. You should be able to walk to either the Poly or the Ticket and Transportation Center (thought that would be a longer walk for you).

Tigger's Mom
06-28-2009, 07:37 PM
I've had reservations at Crystal Palace for 8 and walked to the Poly for the monorail from SOG in the past. It's running at that time. You might even be able to get the Shady Shuttle to the corner. I love the early reservations because the park isn't full. You can get some great pictures on Main Street.

Enjoy!!!!

wdwfansince75
06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
When we stayed at SoG last June, the bus to the TTC was running before 7:30, and ran every 15 minutes. If that has changed, the walk to Poly is less than 10 minutes.....and the Monorail is running early enough to get you to the MK from the Poly.....The whole trip, including the walk from the gate of the MK to CP should take less than 30 minutes......

Imalismom
06-29-2009, 09:33 AM
We have stayed at the SOG several times - we always walk over to the Poly and take the monorail. The walk is about 5-8 minutes, and very enjoyable.

diz_girl
06-29-2009, 10:38 AM
You can't really 'drive' to the MK. You'll just drive to the parking lot at the TTC (the same place where the SOG shuttle takes you) and you still have to take either the monorail or the boat. So you're in no better a situation by driving.

But the monorail is definitely running that early. We also had an 8:00 a.m. reservation at CP for our 2007 trip and the monorails were definitely running by 7:30 a.m.

mudpuppysmom
06-29-2009, 04:13 PM
I actually think you are better off walking to the Poly rather than drive to the TTC --- if you drive, you MAY have to take the tram then walk up to the monorail/ferry platform and then shuttle over to the MK gates.

If you walk to the Poly, which is about a 10 minute walk with kids in tow, you can walk right out to the monorail platform and you are one stop away I do believe from the MK gates (I think you stop at the GF if I'm not mistaken). Then go thru bag check and then the turnstile where you have to tell them you are going to CP for b-fast and have your confirmation number handy too -- that's the fast track in.

Enjoy a pretty empty Main St!!! Pictures of no one there are priceless!

DisneyMiMi
06-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for the information - we will go the Poly route. Since it will be so early, maybe we'll get to sit up front with the driver ~ my granddaughter will love that!