PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Dumbo???

Marla
06-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Everyone. I was at DLR Thursday the 25th, just to watch the new fireworks. I was really excited to see Dumbo. When 'Baby Mine" started playing I was waiting, and no Dumbo?!? What happened? I sure hope Mufasa, or DoomBuggyDude can shed some light on this for me.:confused::tink:

NotaGeek
06-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Evidently the wind can effect Dumbo's fly pattern ... if its too windy, he stays grounded.

Marla
06-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi NotaGeek. Yes I have heard that wind could affect Dumbo. But the funny thing is that there was no wind. In fact the smoke from the fireworks hung in the air around the castle.:confused::tink:

Mufasa
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Wind would usually be the main reason why Dumbo would not be cleared for flight for a particular performance.

However there are other factors which can occur during a show which might scrub Dumbo's flight- for example, once Tink has completed the first flight technicians then have to convert and prep the rig for Dumbo which can be a challenge (When you first see Tink, she begins her flight from the Matterhorn and after she has "landed", for the Dumbo sequence you see him take off from the opposite side).

Marla
06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
:tink::dumbo:Thank You Mufasa!:dumbo::tink:

DlandMommy
07-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Marla.....We were also bummed that night we had gotten fantasmic reservations at 9 and were excited to see dumbo from that location ...But no dumbo:confused: we had taken the kids the night before and he was there.Oh well guess that gives you a reason to go back soon:mickey:

2Epcot
07-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I was at Disneyland yesterday, the main reason was to see the new fireworks show. Dumbo flew last night, so I was happy about that. Thanks for the information Mufasa. I was actually thinking about how they changed between Tink and Dumbo last night when I was watching the show. I'm hoping Fantasmic will have all the elements in soon, so I can check that out as well.

NotaGeek
07-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Marla.....We were also bummed that night we had gotten fantasmic reservations at 9 and were excited to see dumbo from that location ...But no dumbo:confused: we had taken the kids the night before and he was there.Oh well guess that gives you a reason to go back soon:mickey:
I don't think you would be able to see Dumbo from the RIvers of America as there are trees and Big Thunder blocking the view ... he flies on the left side of the castle (if you're looking at it from Main Street) ... so from Rivers you can't see the Castle either ... sorry you missed it.

DoomBuggyDude
07-03-2009, 02:12 PM
There are spots you can see the famous packaderm between the trees from ROA,
but for best viewing you still can't beat the hub.

But back to the topic.... me thinks he just
missed his que that night.

Mufasa
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
But back to the topic.... me thinks he just
missed his que that night.

Even Disney stars can be temperamental, though I've never really thought of Dumbo having a Diva complex...

perhaps with all the consolidation taking place between the resorts, someone from WDW thought they could serve him with boiled peanuts, rather than roasted

Chescat
07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Even Disney stars can be temperamental, though I've never really thought of Dumbo having a Diva complex...

perhaps with all the consolidation taking place between the resorts, someone from WDW thought they could serve him with boiled peanuts, rather than roasted
:funny::funny: