PDA

View Full Version : Crowds/attendance levels during Halloween week??

Dsnygirl
06-27-2009, 10:03 AM
:mpumpkin: We've never been during late October before, so we're wondering if the crowds and attendance levels at the resorts are going to ramp up as it gets closer to Halloween, and over Halloween weekend.

We'll be there the 22nd of Oct - Nov 1st, and noticed that our flight home on the 1st was heavily booked and more expensive than any other day. So, I'm wondering if that means a lot of people head to Disney just for the party, etc. that weekend.

So - any info from folks who have been there preceding the Halloween "holiday" would be appreciated... I know it won't be nearly as crazy as it gets during the true holiday season, or over long weekends like Columbus Day, etc., but we'd like to know what to expect.

(We won't be at MNSSHP on the 31st, we're going a different night, so we aren't worried about the crowds at the party -- just in general at the parks, etc., during the week beforehand. :))

Also -- I know Disney usually puts specials out during Oct/Nov -- does anyone remember if they usually block out the days around Halloween for the specials?? I'm able to see on Info Central that H'ween has been included in the dates, but I know that sometimes, special rules apply that are in the fine print and don't show up under the general discounted dates as listed.

:mpumpkin: :thanks: :mpumpkin:

Tinkerfreak
06-27-2009, 10:49 AM
We have gone several times for Halloween and we find the crowds really manageable. We love that time of year and love the party. We have always gotten a discount even for Halloween. If I remember correctly the discount came out in August. Hard to remember because Magical Journeys handled it all. They just sent me an e-mail and said they had saved me over $800.
They never blocked out Halloween so I'm sure they won't this year. We love the weather at this time of year also. Warm enough to swim, less humidity and not so hot we are miserable. I would go this time of year every year if I could but now have a high schooler so can't.
Enjoy your trip I think you will love going around Halloween. Also the Food and Wine Festival is really nice.

DisneyFr33k
06-27-2009, 12:39 PM
We'll be down there October 24-29, then take a shuttle over the the port for a 3 day Bahama's cruise that docks November 1. That might be why the airline rates are higher - the boat docks and everyone needs a flight home.

StitchFan#1
06-27-2009, 03:09 PM
mabey we will see you! lol but I think their are very manageable

Belster
06-27-2009, 10:59 PM
We will see you there as well!!!

The crowds are great..you are really going to enjoy this time of year.

Aggie97
06-29-2009, 03:10 PM
We were at WDW October 23-31, 2008, and absolutely loved it. While the crowds were not the lowest we've every experienced (late Jan. - early Feb.), they were very manageable. Evening EMHs were great at all four parks.

The only day that felt "crowded" to us was Saturday the 25th, so we left the parks and did DTD instead.

We spent the 31st at AK, and it was extremely quiet! We made the mistake of visiting DTD for dinner on the 31st on our way out of town, and it was insanely crowded.

We booked our trip using a bounce back promotion, so I can't advise as to the discounts available during that time period. I do know that they were not as favorable as the bounce back discount, as we would have rebooked if they had been.

We would love to return the same week this year, but a number of circumstances don't permit it. Have a wonderful time! :mpumpkin:

Rekenna
06-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm glad you posted this, we also are going around this time Oct 25-Oct 30. I can't wait, I bet the weather will be great. We also are going to MNSSHP. We have been before and are excited to go back-we have 3 members of our group that have never been! My DS3 has been watching youtube videos of the Halloween Party and Parade and acts it out at home and pretends that it is Halloween-he's super cute!:)

We had a pin code for our room, just for giggles why don't you call WDW to see if there is a pin attached to your name for this timeframe-you might get lucky!:thumbsup:

Have a blast! I have "Grim Grinning Ghosts" running through my head all the time!:music:

:malef::hmghost::pumpkin::ghost::mpumpkin:

Donald's Girl
06-29-2009, 09:27 PM
The reason your flight home is more expensive and more crowded has nothing to do with Halloween at Disney. It's solely because it's on a Sunday! That is one of the busiest, and most expensive, days to fly.(That's a huge day for business travelers.) We learned this the hard way and never travel on Sundays when going anywhere.
We also have been down there many times for my husband's birthday which is October 30th. It's one of the best times for weather, crowds and events!

StitchFan#1
06-29-2009, 09:36 PM
We will see you there as well!!!

The crowds are great..you are really going to enjoy this time of year.

we will be at MNSSHP on the 27th so look for a mouseketeer(dis mommy) Carl Fredricksen (disney daddy) Russel(our little cabbage patch) And Lilo (me)