PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West????

goofygirl67
06-27-2009, 09:37 AM
I am going to OKW for the first time and I have a few questions.
1. Where are the studio rooms located?
2. Is there really a wet bar and microwave in the room?
3. What would be the best location to request a studio room?
4. How are the buses?
5. How are the food courts and restaurants?
6. Is there really a boat ride to DTD?

I have been to WDW many times but never considered this resort to be in my price range until the AP rates came out and they were better than the bounceback rate to AKl. Any info would help.
Thanks

Checkers
06-27-2009, 10:26 AM
I am going to OKW for the first time and I have a few questions.
1. Where are the studio rooms located?
2. Is there really a wet bar and microwave in the room?
3. What would be the best location to request a studio room?
4. How are the buses?
5. How are the food courts and restaurants?
6. Is there really a boat ride to DTD?

I have been to WDW many times but never considered this resort to be in my price range until the AP rates came out and they were better than the bounceback rate to AKl. Any info would help.
Thanks

:mickey:
1. The studios are located all over the complex.
2. Yes, there really is a wet bar and microwave in the studios.
3. Depends on what you want. Near the Hospitality House would put you near the main pool, bus stop and restaurants. We like the Turtle Pond area as well but I can honestly say we have never had a bad location.
4. Buses are really reliable but as at any resort, you can have delays.
5. No food court. Olivia's is a full service restaurant and Good's to Go is a takeout one located by the main pool. Also sell limited groceries in store located at HH.
6. Yes, there is a boat to DTD and is a great perk.

We are DVC members and OKW is our "home" resort. We love it. The studios are much larger than the other resorts and have 2 queen beds. After a hectic day in the parks it is nice to have a very peaceful retreat.

I am sure if I missed something, someone else will be able to fill in the blanks. I don't think you will be disappointed. Have a great vacation!

garymacd
06-27-2009, 01:16 PM
We were there in May and loved it. I don't remember a sink on the bar in our two-bedroom suite, but the place was as nice as a home. I would like to live there.

Goods to Go was limited in its food choice and we didn't get a chance to try Olivia's, but the food we did have from Goods To Go was good for hamburgers and breakfast.

I don't know about the studios, but our two-bedroom had a full kitchen, so we kept a supply of breakfast essentials on hand: OJ, AJ, Fruit Loops, etc.

The buses were pretty good. They were on time and we rarely had to stand on the way back home after a long day.