PDA

View Full Version : Luggage fee confirmation numbers??

scooterca42
06-27-2009, 06:45 AM
First I've heard of them - what are they and is it a ME thing or per airline?

Seasonscraps
06-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I never heard of them either. My best guess would be that you need to prepay your luggage fees for checked bags to the airline if you send your bags to the airport ahead of ME. When you do this, I imagine you would get a confirmation number.

TiggerD
06-27-2009, 09:11 AM
You will have to prepay your baggage fees before checking them at the resort for your return trip otherwise you will have to do the check at the airport. I think in your packet with all the info you get they give the number to call and I would advise doing it 2 days before flight leaves. They will give you a confirmation number so that when you get to the resort airline checkin, you just give them the confirmation # and they can then take your baggage. I hope this helps a little.

spoiledraf
06-28-2009, 03:58 PM
TiggerD has it right. The number is in the packet info. MAKE SURE YOU READ IT CAREFULLY!!!

I didn't. Fortunately, I read it early the morning we were to leave, about 6am, and discovered my responsiblity. I went down to the luggage check to make sure all was well and I wsn't too late. She assured me all would be fine and I just made the call and got the number. I guess its just a confirmation for
disney that you did pay your fees. Our flight was very late so we had time. If you have an early flight, just make sure you do your part on time.

ME was a pretty easy transfer for us, except we got seperated when the wives and kids with strollers took the elevator the the guys took the the steps.

Maryutigger1
06-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Ok, I've been reading this post. NOW, I'm wondering if this still applies when the airline is a "NON participating" airline. Our next trip is quickly approaching (7/14-7/17/09). :cloud9:
We're flying down from Detroit on Airtran and going home from Orlando on Spirit...

I already GOT our ME paperwork and saw nothing about this.
All we got was: ME booklet, purple paper w/the
trip insurance infromation and that was it!!

Any help w/this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks~
Live,Love,Laugh~~
Maryutigger

BMan62
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Ok, I've been reading this post. NOW, I'm wondering if this still applies when the airline is a "NON participating" airline. Our next trip is quickly approaching (7/14-7/17/09). :cloud9:
We're flying down from Detroit on Airtran and going home from Orlando on Spirit...

I already GOT our ME paperwork and saw nothing about this.
All we got was: ME booklet, purple paper w/the
trip insurance infromation and that was it!!

Any help w/this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks~
Live,Love,Laugh~~
Maryutigger

If you are flying a non-participating airline, you cannot check your baggage at the resort -- you must check it at the airport -- so this would not concern you.

You will need to handle you own bags from the resort to the DME bus, then from the DME bus to the airline check in area.

MOJoe
06-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Intercot is a great resource for information and tips that help make your WDW vacation as good as it can be. But this topic escaped me for my June trip. And since i wish no one to experience the frustration i had with this issue, i would like to offer a suggestion.

If your airline charges luggage fees, when you get your ME packet delivered to your room, make sure that you call the number provided and get your luggage fees prepaid. The time to call is NOT when you are checking out and bringing your luggage to the ME counter at 10 or 11 AM. Many people are unaware they need to do this, and the result is that the phone lines are swamped with calls. Hold times of 30 minutes + have occured at this time of day. The CM's must have these confirmation numbers to accept your luggage. And if the phone lines are jammed, going to the hotel front desk cannot speed up the process.

I suggest you call during the afternoon or evening the day before you leave, to avoid the crush of calls at check out time. Early in the morning may also be fine. Just get those confirmation numbers before check out time!

scooterca42
06-29-2009, 01:59 PM
and if you fly an airline that doesn't charge...then it's not an issue, if I am reading this correctly.