PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney - Worth It?

imaprincess!
06-27-2009, 12:39 AM
I haven't been to Downtown Disney since May 1995, pre-kids. Do you think it's worth taking the time to head there with the kids - ages 13, 11 and 6?

Strmchsr
06-27-2009, 07:22 AM
DTD is just a shopping area. If you like to shop all things Disney it's worth it. Otherwise, no. There are some things there that you can't find in the parks, but not much. It's a necessity for us just because of the Lego store.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2009, 09:41 AM
We're not huge DTD fans. There is LOTS of shopping, and a couple interesting restaurants, but we don't spend a lot of time there during an average trip.

If you're looking for something specific, like the engraved Christmas ornaments, or the make your own t-shirts, then it is probably worth planning 1/2 day there (with a meal), but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it).

Phantom of the Park
06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
There are some still neat stores like The Lego Store, Goofy Candy Co., Once Upon A Toy and The Disney Emporium. But unless you are going to see Cirque de Solei or Disneyquest, there is really no reason to go to the WestSide. We went downtown last week and were disappointed in the lack of replacement for Pleasure Island and the Virgin Atlantic store. I don't think I will bother to go on our next trip.

joonyer
06-27-2009, 01:06 PM
If you want to buy tickets to DisneyQuest, or if you have the Waterparks & more option on your passes, I'm sure your kids at their age would love it. We leave ours in there while we shop. They'd stay all day if we let them.

ASweetLov
06-27-2009, 01:53 PM
It's kind of like an outside mall with restaurants. If you and your kids like to shop then go for it. I personally love walking around Downtown Disney and checking out all the shops.

RAIDER
06-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Defiantly worth it ,its a great place to chill and take shop . Its a MUST !!!:thumbsup: