PDA

View Full Version : A Question about O'Hana

TikiLounger
06-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey everyone,

Just looking for some input...

My husband and I are going to be spending our first trip to Disney World alone(without kids) in Sept/Oct. I have a dining question for you all.

I got a call from the concierge at The Beach Club this morning about our itinerary. We had been considering trying O'Hana for dinner one night. We've stayed at the Poly twice in the past and never tried it (and leaving wishing we had). My question is this...although it looks great and I'm sure we'll love it, is it mostly geared towards families? We don't mind the activity, but will we be out of place? I asked the concierge about this and she thought we'd have fun...just wanted to get some objective opinions. Also, do we have to sit with others because the food is served family style? We prefer a table alone. If you don't think it's a good choice for us, could you give me some suggestions? We're looking for very relaxed and casual...but delicious. Thanks...

Oh...and we will be spending a lot of time in Epcot...the Food and Wine Festival will be in full-swing during our trip...

DVC2004
06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
'Ohana is for everyone. It's casual and delicious. It's not quiet though! It can be very special if you happen to catch Wishes from there (lights dim and narrative/music is piped in). Expect kids everywhere. We've dined here every trip- with our kids and as a couple. I think you will enjoy it. Be sure to save room for the dessert!

DVC2004
06-26-2009, 05:54 PM
OH- and no you don't sit with anyone else. You are seated only with your party like other restaurants. Food will be served to you family style. You can even request your meat on the well done side if you want.

TikiLounger
06-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Great! Thank You! We've always wanted to dine there! Also, thanks for the Wishes tip...it sounds lovely.

BTW...we don't mind loud, it will be kind of fun, right?:mickey:

DVC2004
06-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Great! Thank You! We've always wanted to dine there! Also, thanks for the Wishes tip...it sounds lovely.

BTW...we don't mind loud, it will be kind of fun, right?:mickey:

If you want to catch Wishes- try to book your ADR for about 45 minuted before it starts and request a view. Request a view of Wishes again when you check in at the podium, too. Just be prepared that many children will probably run in front by the window when it starts- but you can see over them.

Yes, it's fun and I think you will both really enjoy it!

deedeenmickey
06-26-2009, 06:23 PM
We tried Ohanas the first time in June and we loved it. We were there as a group but it would be fine for a couple. It will be loud but the food was delicious. Save room for dessert!!! YUM!!! Everything was delicious. I was sad that I was meeting a friend who lives in Fl and works at Disney and I didn't want to make a pig of myself!! I could have ate so much more:blush:!! I will definately do this resturant again!!!

ElenitaB
06-26-2009, 08:14 PM
'Ohana had fallen out of grace with us but after visiting last December, it's back on our list of favorites. :thumbsup:

deedeenmickey, it's most definitely NOT the restaurant to visit while trying to be ladylike! :funny:

TikiLounger
06-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for all the input, everyone! We've decided to go ahead and give it a try. Yay! I can't wait!