PDA

View Full Version : Twice in one year?

Sora1978
06-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey,
Heading to the world to celebrate my engagement in December and already thinking about coming back for a honeymoon trip. Would you recommend purchasing an annual pass and trying to do a second trip in October or November 2010?
I heard that AP holders get room discounts up to 40% but I haven't been able to find the rates published anywhere. Can anyone help me out? I am staying at the GF and the Poly on my first trip so I would like to stay at the Contemporary next fall. Is it smart to book a tower room before the rates are published?

BMan62
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157027

This is the second sticky thread in this category - Annual Passholder Rates 8/9/09 - 10/3/09.

Sora1978
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks. It looks like the prices are pretty good but I only see two deluxe resorts listed. Do they typically only offer deals on the less popular deluxe resorts? I was hoping to stay on the monorail or the boardwalk area.

kakn7294
06-26-2009, 09:41 PM
It depends on availability. If you want a MK view Tower room, I'm going to guess that it will be difficult to get that at an AP discount. Typically, only the "lesser" desired rooms or the higher price categories are what's offered because that's what's left. Consider an AP discount as a clearance sale - you get what's left and it's not always offered.

Figment78
06-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Couple thoughts...

First, there are "usually" AP discounts on rooms at all resorts. It is true that the discounted rooms are limited however and you might have to be flexible on the view if you want to take advantage of them.

Your best bet is when the time comes to book your 2010 trip is to book through Magical Journeys (Icot sponsor). They are awesome and if you tell them you would want the AP discount if released, they will switch you over to a discounted room as soon as it's released. Its not a guarantee, but they are very good at getting the discounts applied to pre-existing ressies.

Not sure how long your honeymoon is but it might be worth you getting the AP anyhow, even if you don't end up with a discounted AP room in 2010. Price out the cost of tickets for your honeymoon and the 2010 trip and you may find it will save you $ regardless.

IMHO, chances are good that you will get an AP tower room at Contemporary in Sept or Oct 2010. Especially if you book through MJ!