PDA

View Full Version : For Those In Northern IL/Souther WI

DVC2004
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Maybe this is old news, but I saw that Southwest will begin flying out of Milwaukee/Mitchell Airport starting in Nov. I like the idea of another option. We live way too far from Midway to make flying Southwest ever a good option for us in the past.

disneymom15
06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks, I didn't know that. We live about 100 miles north of Milw. and if the price is right would consider driving the distance. We're thinking about a Nov trip and rates at our regional airport are a bit high.

vicster
06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Maybe this is old news, but I saw that Southwest will begin flying out of Milwaukee/Mitchell Airport starting in Nov. I like the idea of another option. We live way too far from Midway to make flying Southwest ever a good option for us in the past.

Which suburb are you in?

tyandskyesmom
06-26-2009, 04:22 PM
And they are starting November 1 and for the first two weeks or so, they have $39.00 flights from Milwaukee to Orlando. We live five minutes from Midway but the fares have not been too super good lately so if they were cheaper from Milwaukee, the hour and a half drive might be worth it!

civilmousefan
06-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I recently booked a trip to WDW for November. As I prefer flying out of Ohare, I could not use Southwest. However, just yesterday, I checked prices on Southwest's Site for the same package (same dates, resort, and park tickets) and the price quoted was the same price I am paying for flying out of Ohare. I just checked the prices for flying out of Milwaukee and it would cost me MORE than what I have currently booked.

E-Ticket4
06-27-2009, 09:23 AM
This is good to know. I avoid Midway and O'hare is a challenge but one I live with for travel. Airtran is also out of MKE but with how often they change flight time they are hard to book with and feel confident.
Thanks for the info.