PDA

View Full Version : Le Chef de France

Williams5
06-26-2009, 08:39 AM
We booked a meal for every day of our trip in late July. I booked Chef de France for a dinner, never been there. I assumed that since it's in WDW it'll be kid friendly to some degree, but I'm starting to be concerned about an infant, a 4 year old and a 7 year old in this restaurant - it's not on par with our other choices which are mostly Character dinners. Anyone have experience with this restaurant? I'm trying to experience something new here.

Checkers
06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
:mickey:Le Chef de France is a very nice restaurant and we have eaten there many times. The tables are very close together which would be a consideration for me, however, I have seen many children dining there with no problem. It depends on your own comfort factor.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
I find that most of the Disney restaurants, character or not, are kid friendly....however, your kids might get bored since it isn't a character meal...I say try it anyway. Good luck:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM
The tables are no closer than at LeCellier. Remy is there to entertain thru the summer & the kids seem to like this.

pixiesmimi
06-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know where to find the schedule for when Remy comes out? I saw one post where someone said their reservation was during the time he was there but have yet to see a schedule anywhere.

We saw lots of kids when we ate there last. As long as you have checked the menu to see if they will eat the food, I think you will be fine, especially if Remy comes out during that time. Enjoy!

KAT1811
06-27-2009, 04:43 PM
We are a family of 6 DH, DD 12, DD 4, DD 2, DS 3 months, and myself and we dine all over WDW at all types of venues and have never had a problem. We are planning 3 meals at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and are also planning on Les Chefs de France for our upcoming trip. All WDW are kid friendly IMHO. You know your kids best. We dine out a lot at home so they are used to it. I find bringing a new toy of some sort also helps. Usually a coloring book or Mr. Potato head, whatever it is I have them pick it out earlier in the day (or at somepoint during our trip so it is still "new") and the first chance they get to play with it is at the table. I'm sure you'll be fine.

TheRustyScupper
06-27-2009, 07:02 PM
it's not on par with our other choices which are mostly Character dinners

1) Characters may not be on a par (none there), but still kid friendly.
2) The food is clearly superior to character meals.
3) Character meals have only average food.
4) You are paying for the characters, no the grub.
5) Why else would you pay $35 for eggs?

6) As for REMY
. . . at Chefs for lunch, only, at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50, 5:20
. . . his rounds take 35-40 minutes for each appearance
. . . you stay at the table and he comes to you, so no following him around
. . . appearances stop after Sept-5
. . . REMY goes to Japan afterward, so no chance of extending dates

pixiesmimi
06-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Man! That stinks! I figured if we were going to eat at Le Chefs anyway, it would be nice to get to see Remy. But our reservation is for 7:00. As my DGD says "Ah, Man!" :)

Belster
06-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I would agree with a pp that the tables are close. In October when we went our kids were 9months, almost 4 and 11. We love this restaurant, the food is great. It is rather loud in there so you don't have to worry that your kids are going to disrupt anyone's dinner. I will say that the waitstaff loved having the kids, they were bringing them special treats and paying close attention to them. It was great!!! Le Chef de France is on our list for this October as well.

illini
06-28-2009, 05:24 PM
You'll be just fine. My oldest DD picked this on the last trip (she was 9) and the two younger sibs did just fine. The kids' choices were fairly standard. They even did a special request for more authentic French food (well, more authentic being relative as Les Chefs is a bit off, IMO) for my oldest DD for a child's portion and on DDP.