PDA

View Full Version : Package Delivery

HoosierDisneyFan
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
In prior years I was able to buy gifts in the parks and DTD and have them shipped back to my resort (POFQ). I noticed that the official Disney website no longer mentions this feature as a benefit (but it is mentioned for the Deluxe Resorts).

Can anyone confirm this change :confused: or can you still get packages delivered to Moderate Resorts?

Seems lke I would be less likely to buy gifts if I have to haul them back myself.

TammiMcMan
06-25-2009, 11:40 PM
If you are staying on the club level, any gifts you buy will be delivered to your room. For all other resort guests, packages will be delivered to the gift shop. Unfortunately, the Disney site is not always full of accurate information.

antnyh
06-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Actually we stayed club level at CR in May and they refused to send it to the room. Packages will only ship to the resort gift shop.

TammiMcMan
06-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Actually we stayed club level at CR in May and they refused to send it to the room. Packages will only ship to the resort gift shop.I'll check on this, because that's not what the policy is. Maybe you had a CM who didn't know :( . Everytime we go to WDW in May, we run into brand new cast members in training.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2009, 07:58 PM
We stayed at POFQ last Sept and they still sent things to the hotel gift shop, from the parks, for us.

LudwigVonDrake
06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I stayed at POFQ last July and all my packages were delivered to the gift shop.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks all! I am just concerned this is a recent development.

Anyone stay in a moderate in June who can speak to this subject?

JPL
06-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I just got back from CSR and they shipped my packages to the resort gift shop. So yes they do ship packages to moderates.

villavic
10-17-2009, 06:33 PM
The offical website says your package will arrive at your hotel the very same day. Is it always true? May I be sure it is delivered the same day? What If I buy something by 7pm aprox?

And I'm reading in this forum package are sent to the resort gift shop, so it depends on the shop schedule, right? So it is not convenient to do that the last day, I guess.

TammiMcMan
10-17-2009, 06:44 PM
It's not always delivered same day, so it is advisable to avoid this service on your last full day.

JERSEYDISFAN
10-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Last December we stayed club level at the Yacht Club and packages were delivered to the club level CMs, who would notify us they were holding packages for us and get them from their storage area. When we stay in standard rooms, packages are held at the gift shop and you are notified via phone message.

We have usually been told by park CMs that our packages would be delivered to the resort next day. They'd also ask if we were leaving in the next two days and would recommend we not use the delivery service if we were, as they could not guarantee packages would arrive at the resort before we left.

CleveRocks
10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
NEXT DAY availability at your resort's gift shop is standard.

Another benefit available to ANYONE is having a purchase held for you at the front of the park ... this typically takes about 2 hours and typically pick-ups don't start 'til 3 p.m. This is better than nothing, if it's your last full day there, for example.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
We have always gotten our pkgs delivered to our room at BWI Club level. We typically got our pkgs next day, but every once in awhile it took a little longer.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

DisneyFan1979
10-20-2009, 09:39 PM
On my last trip my monogrammed Mickey bath towel did not make it to the Poly the next day because of the monogramming (despite the cast member at the shop at the Studios where I bought it saying otherwise). As we were leaving the following day, the castmember at the gift shop at the Poly said they'd send it directly to my house when it arrived there from the park - it took a while as they ship UPS ground but it was free so I can't complain!

DawsonAR
10-21-2009, 09:40 AM
We were at GF Club level in May and they were delivered to our room.

thumperbug
10-24-2009, 07:07 PM
a few years back, they used to do package delivery to your room. In recent years, it is to the hotel gift shop and you get a call letting you know it is there. Hang on to your copies of your receipts. They also keep a log book of the packages they have waiting for pick up. The general rule is most items are delivered to your resort the next day. Package pick up at park entrances is great if you do shopping on your last day and can't take advantage of package delivery.

While delivery to your room was convenient, it was still people going into your room. I think it is just safer overall to have the packages at gift shop. Also I believe when they used to deliver to your room it took 2 days since there was more sorting to be done once the package arrived at the resort.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2009, 07:38 PM
The offical website says your package will arrive at your hotel the very same day. Is it always true? May I be sure it is delivered the same day? What If I buy something by 7pm aprox?

And I'm reading in this forum package are sent to the resort gift shop, so it depends on the shop schedule, right? So it is not convenient to do that the last day, I guess.

We've never had our packages arrive the same day, it has always been the afternoon of the next day. The CM's at the park would always ask when we were leaving before shipping the items.

We love it though, picking up at the resort gift shop is so much easier than carrying them through the park.

Maxwell
10-24-2009, 07:54 PM
We've had great success at Fort Wilderness.

disneykid@hrt
10-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey- fellow Hoosier, here!

We just stayed at a Value resort and our stuff was sent back to the resort store. I think it's a benefit for all resort guests. And when we were at DTD they said we could send our stuff back to the hotel as well.

buzznwoodysmom
10-24-2009, 08:17 PM
We've been having packages sent to the resort gift shop since Dec. of 2004. We end up using this service on each and every trip and its always been the same since 2004. We've always been told that our packages will be available at our resort gift shop the next day. Its a wonderful alternative to lugging around purchases all day.

mouseketeer mom
10-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh yes! You can still get that wonderful package delivery to your resort! And if you're staying club level, they will deliver your package directly to your room.

Joannelet
10-24-2009, 11:20 PM
I was a merchandise hostess at AK and we wouldn't allow you to do this the last day of your trip.
You can also have your package sent to the front of the park. (where you can pick it up at the end of your day at the park on your way back to your resort).
I know that is what they had when I was a CM...not sure if they still do this...they did still do this when I was there in 2007. I was there in July and I didn't do this so I'm not sure if its still an option. Just another alternative to actually getting it when you leave the park that day. I know I have done that alternative on the last day of my trip since they couldn't send it to my resort by that time.