PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Dead at 50

Stich8818
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
This was just reported on TMZ..

Michael Jackson Dies
Posted Jun 25th 2009 5:20PM by TMZ Staff

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Story developing...

d_m_n_n
06-25-2009, 06:10 PM
:eek:

I am speechless.

May he truly RIP

MNNHFLTX
06-25-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm just seeing this on the news now. I am shocked--:(

DVC2004
06-25-2009, 06:45 PM
he's so young!!! Sad! WOW.

I was a kid when Thriller came out- almost no one has ever acheived the celebrity of Michael Jackson.

NotaGeek
06-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Wow. So sad, I hope he finds peace. The Jackson 5 Rockin' Robin was the first record I ever bought -- and it was a 45".

Moderator Note

While Michael Jackson was a controversial celebrity, this is not the forum for that discussion -- keep it INTERCOT friendly folks.

DizneyFreak2002
06-25-2009, 06:52 PM
This really is sad... Shocking and sad...

May he R.I.P. :(

Jimenyfan
06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Very sad:(

Tink1
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
RIP Captain EO

TennesseeTink
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I am just in shock! Michael Jackson is an icon from my childhood. There was no one bigger.

RIP Michael

murphy1
06-25-2009, 07:36 PM
I have shared this pic a few times here, but this will be the last, ran into MJ at Disney World back in 1984 in HS, at height of his popularity. RIP

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=acdd4e930d4015696cdd16a80fdf8c46&sid=8EYtmjlo0bsls

Donald
06-25-2009, 07:44 PM
WOW!!

I'm speechless!!

Thanks, Muphy1, for the pic.:crying:

2Epcot
06-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Very sad news. I was not planning to see it in person, but was looking forward to him going back on tour. I'll always remember the numerous times I watched Captain EO at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

disneycutie165
06-25-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm so surprised! when a celeb dies it always seems weirder. and just the other day he had finally taken his kids out without paperbags, blankets, etc. over their heads. In the past week its been a triple whamy:
1. ed mcmahon
2. farrah faucet
3. michael jackson

RIP MICHAEL! WE'LL MISS YOU!

somewhere my cousin is crying!

Tekneek
06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Good bye, Captain EO. Thanks for the memories.

merlinmagic4
06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Sad news :(

garthbarth1
06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
RIP MICHAEL. You will truly be missed :(

ASweetLov
06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I was shocked to hear this! May he rest in peace :(

yjgirl32
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh mY Goodness. I am so shocked by this news. WOW.

I hope he rests in Peace. God bless to the family.

magicofdisney
06-25-2009, 09:35 PM
I LOVED Michael Jackson while I was growing up. I am totally shocked. His music had an incredible influence on me during my teen years. I just couldn't believe it when I heard the news earlier. It makes me so sad. :(

thrillme
06-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Farrah Facuett, Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon (excuse the spelling...I'm lazy right now).

These 3...well I grew up with them I was a kid and they were everywhere. Every girl whanted hair like Farrah and a smile...everybody wanted to Moon walk like Michael and Ed...was always part of Johnny Carson...

jennsky
06-25-2009, 10:06 PM
RIP Captain EO

I second that...

Magic Smiles
06-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Shocking news. An AMAZING performer. What a day this has been.

DisneyWhirled
06-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Shocking news. I am stunned.

RIP, Michael.

Not a half hour before we heard the news, my DH said, you heard about Farah? After I said yes, he said "I wonder who the 3rd will be?" and then we hear this news.

Sad week :(

RedSoxFan
06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I was so shocked to come home and DS tell me the news. Just can't believe it. So sad. He was a great entertainer.:(

Earnhardt321
06-26-2009, 12:29 AM
What ever you thought of Michael Jackson it is sad. So very sad for his young children. RIP

badkitty
06-26-2009, 01:07 AM
I am so sad. I grew up listening to Michael's music - he wasn't much older than me. Such an entertainer and a talented dancer. I loved Captain EO. Rest in peace Michael.

pianobabe
06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Shocking news. I am stunned.

RIP, Michael.

Not a half hour before we heard the news, my DH said, you heard about Farah? After I said yes, he said "I wonder who the 3rd will be?" and then we hear this news.

Sad week :(

DS and I said the same thing yesterday afternoon. This was a shock. Each generation has their own icons. Michael Jackson just happened to be a multi-generational icon which is rare. Growing up, I really enjoyed listening to his music. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and his children.

Jeff G
06-26-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm still in shock of the news. I was 11 years old when Thriller came out and not only became a fan of the album but a fan of music in general. This was the most influential album of my life and MJ was the reason for it. He made great music and was an awesome performer.

RIP Michael.

KarenP
06-26-2009, 11:50 AM
He was so young. I still can't believe it!

jennbunn
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
michael's music was a huge part of my childhood. mom,my sister and i would play thriller and bad while we had our family game night's. as a teenager we used alot of michael's music and dance moves for danceline. my heart goes out to his 3 children. r.i.p michael. you will be missed.

Georgia092473
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
I remember doing my first dance recital in grade 4 & our teacher taught us the routine from Thriller to perform. He was an amazing talented man. A true icon.

I can't believe it!:confused: RIP MJ :(

Tinkerfreak
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
RIP MJ. When I found out about this I called my Mom and we were both so upset. He was one of the only artists that we both liked when I was growing up, kind of music we could share. She said to me "it must feel to you like it felt to me when Elvis died". The same shock. I had always hoped that he would make a come back and produce more music. It is so sad to know that it will never happen.
My thoughts are also with his children.

caryrae
06-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Would be cool if Disney could somehow have special showings of Captian E.O. at maybe the HISTA attraction in a Tribute to M.J. (not Magical Journeys).

NotaGeek
06-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Would be cool if Disney could somehow have special showings of Captian E.O. at maybe the HISTA attraction in a Tribute to M.J. (not Magical Journeys).
Considering MJ's unfortunate legal run-ins in the past Disney will be no where near the King of Pop. His image has been too tarnished.

citizensnoopy
06-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I've been heartbroken over this since I heard about it. MJ has been my favorite artist since childhood. A lot of the local radio stations are having MJ tributes, and it reminds me of what a huge talent we have lost.

Interestingly, 6 of the top 10 (and 54 of the top 100) iTunes songs are by MJ. What a shock this has been to the world.

Donald A
06-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I took the time to look at some of his videos on Youtube and realized how much I had really grown up to his music. I remember staying up to watch the half hour premier of "Bad" as well as listening to the older Jackson 5 stuff on my dad's Motown albums. He was a bit unusual but that is what made him unique and one-of-a-kind. He was a very talented performer. I also think he cared about people and especially children. It is sad, that for most of this past decade, there were issues that kept him from bringing us his music. It would have been interesting to see him come back in London with some of his old music as well as new. Things like this make you realize how life is fragile and actually quite short. It is tough to think about.

Kathy Jetson
06-26-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm so sad about Michael Jackson and Farrah they were part of my childhood and its hard to believe. My ds5 wants everyone to know his fave song is thriller and he is very sad :(

Hull-onian
06-28-2009, 09:47 AM
CNN has done fair and balanced reporting. Larry King had his closest friends on. Marko Brando (Marlon's Son) was very close to Michael and he nothing to say about Michael other than kind words. My Mom loved Michael as a youngster. Mom enjoyed all of his performances. May Michael RIP.:cloud9:

PirateLover
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
We were in Disney World when we first heard of his death. Specifically, we were in Germany in the World Showcase and overheard a family saying "Is Michael Jackson dead or just in a coma?" I called my brother who answered the phone by saying "If you're calling to tell me that Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett are dead, I already know." We were really in shock. I can't really say I grew up on Michael Jackson per say, but in the past 5 or 6 years I've retro-actively become a big fan. While his death is sad, hopefully he has finally found his peace. He clearly has led a tortured life.

Jll3Sonex
06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
RIP Michael.

May you find the peace that you couldn't seem to find here...

CourtneyJ9283
07-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Watch the Captain EO video on YouTube and you can see the many posts of people saying that the parks should bring it back as a special engagement type deal. I whole heartedly agree. My husband and I are both 25 and we were discussing how we both saw it when we were young at Disneyland and how we would both love to introduce it to his younger sisters and our friends who have never seen it.
Yes, Michael had a tarnished reputation, but if you ask some, so does Disney. I won't go into detail, but I'm sure many of you that read this have heard all the same things before. The Simpson's movie for instance showed Bart with a black bra on his head saying he was the mascot for an evil corporation. Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE DISNEY! Four of my six tattoos are Disney based, I have an annual passport even though I live almost 400 miles away from Disneyland, I could go on. In this particular instance, I think many people would be able to overlook his tarnished reputation in order to pay homage to a man who was a musical genius and had many positive ties to Disney. If you watch Moonwalker, you can clearly see Pinocchio and Mickey figurines. I remember the tee shirts of Mickey dressed like Michael with the sparkly glove, the sunglasses and the jacket with the epaulettes. Even if the only showing of it was a late night showing meant for those who remember the show and the man that was Eo.

Arielfan98
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Yes this is such a shame. I'm just lucky I wasn't alive when he was a kid, cause then it would be more heart breaking to say good-bye. I still cannot believe he is dead. Tomorrow at 2:25 PM will mark officially that Michael Jackson has been dead for one week. Like all of you, I hate this! He's to talented to leave us.

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson. We love you and we'll all miss you. We will never forget your music and legacy and love.

:cry:

MNNHFLTX
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
How pathetic--people are selling their memorial tickets on ebay. I knew this would happen. Ironically it appears that some bidders are messing with the sellers by bidding outrageous amounts--one set of tickets is at $99,999,999 right now.

Too sad. :(

DisneyPrincess21
07-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Regardless of anyone's personal feeling's about MJ the guy had 3 children who loved him very much and that was their father. To someone he was a father, a son, a brother, an uncle, a friend. And people need to remember that before they make harsh and insensitive comments about him.

The truly hardest thing of the whole memorial ceremony was when his poor daughter broke down and was crying "He was the best daddy you could ever imagine, and I love him so much".
Only a cold and heartless person wouldn't be affected by seeing that poor baby girl cry.

My heart goes out to his children :(

ASweetLov
07-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Watching his daughter speak and get emotional on his memorial just bought tears to my eyes.

murphy1
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
God bless those beautiful kids. I thought Janet was so sweet with them, I have always liked her a lot.

Chescat
07-10-2009, 04:02 AM
I've watched Michael Jackson go from a little kid with the Jackson 5 to such an influence in the world with his music and all he does for his charities. My two favorite songs will always be Beat It and Thriller. We were at a big party when we saw Thriller for the first time and all of us were like wow, that's sooo awesome! Ironic its the 25th anniversary of that last Dec, I think. Beat It, I love the Eddie Van Halen guitar work in the background.

It was always funny when he would have Disneyland shut down for a night for one of his parties. He loved Disneyland so much. I remember one party they had was for Elizabeth Taylor's birthday one year.

That precious daughter of his made me cry for an hour. I hope those children are left alone with a family that really loves them.

As far as bringing back Captain EO. I don't think they could if they wanted to easily. Those theaters were setup up for the show specially. And were re-tooled for the Shrunk the Audience show. What would be interesting to see some day is if they would bring it back in IMAX form to a movie theater like they've been doing with Beauty and the Beast and some of those. But not sure if George Lucas would still retain any rights to it.

Rest in Peace Michael.

EPCOT84
07-11-2009, 03:52 PM
It was always funny when he would have Disneyland shut down for a night for one of his parties. He loved Disneyland so much. I remember one party they had was for Elizabeth Taylor's birthday one year.

That precious daughter of his made me cry for an hour. I hope those children are left alone with a family that really loves them.

His music will rock the world for years to come.

From the anticipation of the opening drumbeats of Billie Jean, to the strong message of Black or White, to the soft words of Heal the World, his music is comfortable and fun to rock to. I am glad it is 'okay' to be a Michael Jackson fan again in the U.S. at least for a moment.

I do remember the news about Disneyland, thank you for that recall. His Neverland was of course his tribute to Disneyland. Forgetting the oddness of his later years, he was a great entertainer worldwide, and overseas more than at home.

His poor daughter's first public words wll be etched into our hearts for years to come. May the children be with a loving family.