PDA

View Full Version : The Force is with Us - Day 7

MOJoe
06-25-2009, 02:51 PM
The Force Is With Us - June 12th

This is our last full day. And we have a lot planned. First the Studios for SWW, and then EMH at Magic Kingdom. We get to the Studios at 8:45, early for our whole group. But today in morning EMH here, so the park is already jammed. We get to TSM and the fastpass return time is 1:30. The standby line is way out the door, so we get our fastpasses.

Solo wants to ride Rockin Roller Coaster, so we head to the other side of the park, while Indy and Minnie shop. The standby time at RnRC is at 50 minutes, but this is the only thing Solo is interested in, so i don't mind waiting with him. After our ride, we find Minnie and Indy. Indy has bought a whip that looks like one Indiana Jones uses. "I can't take it out of the package till i get home," Indy tells me. I need to go back and thank that CM.

We decide to get a snack at the Writers Stop. Here we have a novel encounter with a man named John. As we are eating our cookies, i notice he has a huge collection of SWW pins. "Nice collection," i say. He proceeds to pull out a large bag from a backpack, full of previous year's SWW pins. Indy is in awe. "I have complete sets from the last few years." "Would you sell some of these?" "I ended up with 2 extra sets from last year, so yeah." John appears to be legally blind. He needs to touch each pin to know which one it is. So sorting all the pins out takes quite a while. Indy, however, is thrilled. And this tediousness only heightens his anticipation. Once John has finally shown us his collection, Indy picks out a few pins and i make John an offer. He's happy and Indy is ecstatic.

John then begins to tell us of his SWW experiences, family history, health problems and fear of flying. Not wanting to be impolite, we listen. I send Solo for RnRC fastpasses, as John pours out his life story. After nearly an hour in the Writers Stop, i tell John that it's time for the SWW parade, and we need to get a spot. We thank him for the pins and leave with mixed emotions. Happy for the encounter, yet sad it took so long.

We watch the parade near Star Tours, and see the opening ceremony. Afterwards, Minnie and Solo go to the Backlot Tour, while Indy and i roam the park, getting photos with a few of the characters. We get in line for Bobba Fett, but the people in front of us are the last ones to get a session. Just like yesterday, Indy is left out of luck, standing next in line. I still manage to get some photos. And Indy isn't too disappointed.

After noon, we all meet at 50's Prime Time for lunch. This is our first time here, and it's a hit. The boys think all the commotion the servers dish out is funny. And the food here is good. Fried Chicken, Pot Roast, yummy. Just like grandma used to make. "We'll have to come back here." Minnie says. We all agree.

After lunch it's time for TSM. The standby line is at 150 minutes! O.K. This is a good ride. But it's not a fabulous ride. And there is no way it is worth standing in line for 150 minutes. I feel sorry for the throngs in the queue, as we pass them by. But hey. There couldn't possibly anyone from Intercot is this line, so they probably just don't know any better. As we ride, a funny thing happens. After a couple of screens, our car goes sideways, and doesn't face the game. We meander through the ride, unable to play. We finally straighten up right at the end, with very poor scores. As we exit i yell to the CM, "Hey, something went wrong!" "We saw it, just stand over here." "What happened?" i asked. "Sometimes the cars get lost. We'll put you back on in a moment." Sure enough we are loaded back in and pulling the cord on our cannons as fast as possible. By the time we get to the last screen, my hand is cramping so bad i can barely move it to throw the confetti. We are ready to get off, but thrilled to have a "free ride" on TSM.

After that, we see the Indy Stunt Show, and Star Tours. Our fastpass time for RnRC comes up and Solo and i go ride. We have 4 fastpasses, so we get to ride twice. And on our second ride, we are seated in the front car with a nervous mom and her daughter. "Have you ever been in the front?" i ask. "We've never been on this ride before." she says with a very worried look. "It's fun." i tell her. But fun is not the word for what it's like in the front car. Instead of gliding through the attraction, you feel like you are being pushed with the force of a rocket all the way through. A very thrilling experience. And a great way to end our rollercoaster adventures. As we exit, Solo wants to buy the ride photo. All four of us are holding up our hands and screaming. It's a cool pic, so i agree. We see our ride companions also buy one! Very funny.

We meet up with Indy and Minnie and see AI. If i had not seen a very good show the first time, i would have quite a different take on this attraction, because this time the performers were nothing special. The performers make or break AI. So if you don't have a chance to see a good group, then you may feel this is a complete waste of time. Karaoke, with judges and a nice stage. But a talented group of singers can leave you satisfied, even thrilled. Funny that Disney would spend so much on a show that provides guests an experience they can't control.

Minnie and Solo want to see the final show of AI. But Indy and i don't, so we ride Star Tours. Next to us is a CM from Tokyo Disneyland. I tell her the rumor of how this attraction is going to be upgraded. "Every year, same story." she says shaking her head. From there, Indy and i find a spot to see the Hyperspace Hoopla. But as soon as it begins, dozens of kids are raised up on top of their dad's shoulders, blocking everyone's view behind them. Indy and i move around for several minutes and find an unobstructed view. This is a fun show, but some sort of crowd control needs to be done so more people can enjoy it.

After the Hoopla and AI are over, we say goodbye to the Studios. We have several packages with us, so we drop them off at the room and make our way to MK. The only thing left that i really wanted to see is Wishes. And i am not alone. When we get to the park it is as crowded as i have ever seen it. Jam packed. Elbow to elbow. We try to make it up Main Street, but moving is nearly impossible. Instead of just going with the flow, i had it in mind to see Wishes from the entrance to Tomorrowland, right where Tink soars down from the Castle. I shoud have laid back, but pressed on instead. We finally get there, and Indy is thirsty. "I'll get snacks." Indy comes with me. We get in line at the place under the Astro Orbiter. At the windows customers are being served, but ours is not moving. Seems that everyone in the line we are in is feeding an army. Slowly we creep up to the window. It's almost time for Wishes. "We have to bolt." i tell Indy. "NO!" he insists he needs a drink. We are almost up to the window when a lady gives a massive order, adds to it 3 times, then complains that she has snack credits left, while the CM says she doesn't. I hear the first Boom. "Let's go." Indy protests but i'm not waiting any longer. "You missed Tinkerbell," Minnie tells me, as we meet up. I am a little upset i was not here from the very first moment, but i get over it quickly. Wishes is great, and refills the feeling of magic i have had all week.

We are all hungry and thirsty, so after Wishes, we go to Cosmic Rays for a late dinner. Us and 5000 other hungry people. I have seen this place jam packed before, but not at 11 at night. Solo wants to ride Big Thunder, and Indy wants to ride Buzz, so after we eat, we split up. Just as Solo and i are heading down the ramp to get on the train, Big Thunder stops. A few minutes later it is announced that everyone must exit. We are handed fastpasses as we leave, but since this is our last night, they do us no good. My phone rings. Minnie tells us that Buzz has also broken down, just before they got to ride. What's going on?!! Solo and i decide to visit Pirates for our last ride. We meet up with Minnie and Indy. Hot and tired from the long day, we head out of the park. With 25,000 other hot, tired people.

The lines for the busses were backed up all the way to the signs noting the stop numbers. No joke. The longest bus lines i have ever seen at MK. I consider walking over to the Contemporary, and hiring a cab. But we tough it out. As we get closer to the actual bus stop, people walk up and ask where the end of the line is. "Back There!" a chorus replies. The looks of shock were funny, in a bittersweet way. Really, we have been fortunate. This was the first time we have waited more than 15 minutes for any Disney transportation all week. And that was only once. Every other time it was 6 or 7 minutes at the most. So in spite of all the complaints i hear around me, i do not join in.

We finally catch a bus, and get back to the BC. I hate that we have to leave tomorrow, so i take a midnight swim to relax. I sit out, alone, beside the quiet pool. The moon is up. There are few sounds. Beautiful. Very peaceful. Quite the contrast to the chaos of the Magic Kingdom. "I'll see Tink next time." i tell myself as i head for the room and get into bed.

DizNee143
06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
what a great full last day!! you sure did try to make the most of it..so sorry you missed some of wishes..but theres always next time!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
06-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Great report. Sorry to hear you missed Tink Thanks for sharing

faline
06-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Sorry there were some bumps in your last day but you can feel good about being kind to someone!

pink
06-30-2009, 08:11 PM
We experienced the same thing with the busses in March. The whole trip the longest we waited for one was 15 minutes and one night after Wishes we had to wait an hour and a half. :mickey:

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow sounds like a fun but really crowded last day.

pdrlkr
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Mackflava99
07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
excellent report-
wow Cosmic rays crowded at 11pm?