PDA

View Full Version : Fall or winter

tiggerifictwo
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
My family and i are planning a big trip to wdw in 2011. It will be myself husband and son who will be 8. We will be staying at CBR in the pirate room hopefully. It will be a 10 day trip and we will rent a car.I'm not sure when to go though.I cannot handle being hot so we are thinking of going in the fall or winter. Which time would you suggust. We might try going to MVMCP or MNSHP. This will probably be the only time we will go.We have been saving for 2 years already.

DadTriton
06-24-2009, 07:03 PM
We love Disney at Christmas. If you go between Thanksgiving and Christmas the crowds will be light. It is also very pleasant and dry weather. Sept / Oct is still 80 deg and hurricane season.

tiggerifictwo
06-24-2009, 07:21 PM
thanks for the reply Dadtriton. So Early december then? I forgot to mention we live in iowa. right now I am dieing in the 93 weather we are having. I did go to wdw in october about 9 years ago but I didn't have the health problems i have now.

Jeri Lynn
06-24-2009, 07:21 PM
I enjoy both times. However, some of October is considered regular season so the hotel rates may be higher. After Thanksgiving it becomes value season for a short time...I believe you could find the exact dates somewhere here on Intercot or someone might come along that knows.

October is still warm enough to swim and the Halloween party is great. Early December can be warm enough to swim but the weather is not as predictable so it could be cold also. The Christmas party is a lot of fun too.

Either time should be a good time!!

DadTriton
06-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes, if you go early Dec it is still mid-upper 70s. The really cold Florida weather arrives in January. It can be close to freezing in Orlando then. The other nice thing is you do not need to make plans to "beat the heat" and you can be at the parks longer.

Pirate Granny
06-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Sometimes December weather can be cool...I've gone when it's been 85 (YES that was the Christmas of 07 and I didn't even bring a pair of shorts with me) and as cool at night as 30 (Christmas of 04)...But I agree that September is hot...and can be rainy...But again...value rates in early December and September...normal rates in October and November...and I know that the pirate rooms are considered premium...so you could save if you try to go in value season...I guess it depends when you want to take your son out of school.
:pirate:

tiggerifictwo
06-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I dont think i could handle sept heat and value rates would be nice. Coming from here in dec it will probably be below freezing already.The school will know way ahead of time so hopefully there wont be any problems with that.

Strmchsr
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
In general, I like the Orlando weather better in December (it can be really variable. I've had a high around 80 and 40 in the same trip), but I like the MNSSHP a LOT more than the MVMCP. It's not that hot in later Sept, and especially in Oct. Usually upper 70s to low 80s. I suggest you look in Info Central at our historic weather conditions to see exact weather conditions during the times you're considering over the last 5 years. That will give you a good picture of what to expect.

As for timing - last week of Sept/first week of October is great, or second week of December is really good. The week after Thanksgiving has become a lot more crowded and the first week of December usually has the Pop Warner event. Doesn't impact parks a lot, but can make for an interesting time at the value resorts.

markyv
06-25-2009, 11:15 PM
If you can put up with droves of cheerleaders, you might enjoy February. We have done February several times now and the weather is perfect. Did I mention the Cheerleaders? Cheerleaders everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fear the pom poms.

ThanxForNoticin
06-26-2009, 06:32 AM
I really agree with the idea of early December. The weather is usually pretty nice (and cooler) and the parks decorated for the holidays are amazing. Another option that we have always enjoyed is late January/early February. It's a little cooler than December, but it's very unusual that we don't have at least a day or two warm enough for time by the pool (sunny and 70 would be pool weather for us in January!). Enjoy your trip!

BMan62
06-26-2009, 09:41 AM
...I've gone when it's been 85 (YES that was the Christmas of 07 and I didn't even bring a pair of shorts with me) ...

Sounds like you were there the same time we were!! The week following Thanksgiving. We were expecting temps in the mid to upper 70's and we got upper 80's. Like you, we did not pack 'hot weather' clothing. I thought I was going to melt the entire trip.

tiggerifictwo
06-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for all of your replys .It looks like early december will be are best bet.