PDA

View Full Version : Online check-in. Yay or Nay?

LarryBoy
06-24-2009, 02:52 PM
We will be staying at the WL begining July 20 and I am trying to decide if I want to use online check-in. We should arrive at the resort by 10 am, and have a standard view room so I have'nt really made any room requests. Of course I always hold on to the hope that they'll be an upgrade waiting for us, but I'm just excited to be at the WL for the first time. What do you think of the online check-in? Will it be helpful or worth it?

vicster
06-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I've never had a problem checking in at WL but a couple of years ago we decided to try CBR and check in was a nightmare. What the heck - try it if it will make things easier and faster. I'm going to try it in September.

deedeebee
06-24-2009, 04:10 PM
We are staying at the Poly ,club level, in 6 days and we already checked in on line so we'll see how it goes.:thumbsup:

DakandZakMom
06-24-2009, 04:21 PM
I am staying at POP in 8 days and I alreday checked in too. I have high hopes!!:thumbsup:

sassafras
06-24-2009, 04:25 PM
We used online check-in at the WLVs in May and it was great! Got off the Magic Express, walked to the Online Check-in desk, paid for our DDplan, and was on our way to our room in less than 5 minutes! So, I would say definitely use it.

TammiMcMan
06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
We are staying at the Poly ,club level, in 6 days and we already checked in on line so we'll see how it goes.:thumbsup:Normally you have a private check-in with the club level staff anyway, so I'm wondering if there's really any time savings or benefits to checking in online. Can you report back if you get a chance?

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
06-25-2009, 07:11 AM
We're leaving tomorrow and check in on-line was easy....let's see what happens when we arrive:)

g8rgirl29
06-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Is there a place on the online check-in to make room requests? I have heard varying reports on this.

TammiMcMan
06-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Is there a place on the online check-in to make room requests? I have heard varying reports on this.From what I've seen, it's only been a drop down box where you can click on options like "near the food court", "near transportation", "pack 'n play" and "fridge".

g8rgirl29
06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Thank You Tammi!!

Williams5
06-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I was wondering about this. But I figured since we're arriving before schedule check-in time I might have trouble getting into the room anyway so I wasn't going to bother with it. I'm hoping that deluxe level is a bit easier than the mass chaos of a value level resort.

c&d
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
We've done it twice and loved it. It was so easy and no lines at checkin.

BMan62
06-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I was wondering about this. But I figured since we're arriving before schedule check-in time I might have trouble getting into the room anyway so I wasn't going to bother with it. I'm hoping that deluxe level is a bit easier than the mass chaos of a value level resort.

But, wouldn't early check in put you first in line for the room assignment you want when you do get there? I mean, you are already effectively 'in line' 10 days before your arrival!!

We plan to take full advantage of early check in for our September trip. Get to the resort, 5 minutes to get the documentation and KTTW cards, then off to a park!

LarryBoy
06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I know the chances of getting an upgrade are slim, it has happened to us once, but do you think my chances will be better or worse with online chek-in? Remember, we should be arriving by or before 10 am.

TammiMcMan
06-26-2009, 11:58 AM
But, wouldn't early check in put you first in line for the room assignment you want when you do get there? I mean, you are already effectively 'in line' 10 days before your arrival!!If the resort pre-assigns rooms, they don't do it until 2 or 3 days prior to arrival anyway. From what I've seen, online check-in doesn't get you in the room any sooner and people are still reporting not getting their requests and having to ask for a different room assignment.

BMan62
06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
If the resort pre-assigns rooms, they don't do it until 2 or 3 days prior to arrival anyway. From what I've seen, online check-in doesn't get you in the room any sooner and people are still reporting not getting their requests and having to ask for a different room assignment.

Then I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of early check in, doesn't it? Another good idea with no follow through?

steamboat willy
06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
You know if they have come up with a way for "US" to hit a button, check a box or log into

something........ :surf:

we're gonna do it. :D

And hopefully it will speed us all through those kiash lines and on out to the pool or park for

that first cold vacation
:beer: :vacation: :beer:

We also will be doing our online check-in in 64 days. Good luck on :boat: through the lines.

TammiMcMan
06-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Then I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of early check in, doesn't it? Another good idea with no follow through?I believe the primary purpose is to speed up the check-in process and it does seem to do that. Room requests and when you get into your room are completely different.

JPL
06-28-2009, 12:05 AM
I had to vote Nay! Since I did try to use it for my trip I just returned from and it the site was down all 3 times I tries so I gave up :(

the other micki
06-28-2009, 01:09 AM
In April, we did online check-in for Pop. The line we waited in had 1 family. The regular check-in had about 20. Yay for online check-in!

dmosher
06-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Well, considering how difficult reservations can be during this season, I would go ahead and register online now.
:pipes:
D

lighteningqueen
06-28-2009, 02:14 AM
We used online check-in at the WLVs in May and it was great! Got off the Magic Express, walked to the Online Check-in desk, paid for our DDplan, and was on our way to our room in less than 5 minutes! So, I would say definitely use it.
How in the world did you do that, pay for DDP when you got there. They always tell you it has to be paid for 3 days PRIOR to your res. No ifs and or but's. So how did that work for you. With Room only we can add it 3 days prior to check in and then pay for our tickets to the parks when we arrive but the dining plan???HUMMMMMM

BMan62
06-28-2009, 08:51 AM
How in the world did you do that, pay for DDP when you got there. They always tell you it has to be paid for 3 days PRIOR to your res. No ifs and or but's. So how did that work for you. With Room only we can add it 3 days prior to check in and then pay for our tickets to the parks when we arrive but the dining plan???HUMMMMMM

With a DVC stay, you pay for the DDP when you arrive. It is a little different than a regular resort stay.

LarryBoy
06-29-2009, 01:25 PM
I know the chances of getting an upgrade are slim, it has happened to us once, but do you think my chances will be better or worse with online chek-in? Remember, we should be arriving by or before 10 am.

Question bump. :D

happy day
06-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I liked on line check in, but one of our tickets were not validated for food and parks, and I had to go back to have it redone. This could happen even without on line check in.

luvemall
06-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I just got back from my Disney vacation (June 19-26, 2009) and there are two problems with the online checkin service.
1) It asks your estimated arrival time and departure time which seems to dictate their staffing needs but it took me longer to get my packet than it took 3 regular guests to check in because no one was manning that station.
2) I requested a certain area on my original reservation as well as a few days in advance and I got put as far from my request as possible at the POR. Since it was late at night, the packet was already made and the hotel was full, I had no option but to just deal with it. I think when you check in regularly you have more say.

Good luck! :mickey::mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-30-2009, 11:16 PM
2) I requested a certain area on my original reservation as well as a few days in advance and I got put as far from my request as possible at the POR. Since it was late at night, the packet was already made and the hotel was full, I had no option but to just deal with it. I think when you check in regularly you have more say.Unfortunately, anyone doing a late check-in only has a choice of the left over rooms. Inventory is at it's highest in the morning and early afternoon, so arriving after that will cut down on your chances of having a requests filled. We've had that happen on a few late check-in's and in both cases, we were able to change rooms the next day. It doesn't matter if you checked in online or walked up, anyone can ask about a room switch.

DisneyJen26
07-02-2009, 12:55 PM
What's the site for on-line check in? Is it disney.com?

Thanks!