PDA

View Full Version : PO or FQ which has the elevator?

prttynpnk
06-24-2009, 01:51 PM
I know I read somewhere that one does and one does not have an elevator- anyone know? It would definitely decide on it for us!

KatMark
06-24-2009, 02:00 PM
I know I read somewhere that one does and one does not have an elevator- anyone know? It would definitely decide on it for us!

I know the CBR does NOT have elevators, but I'm not sure about POR or POFQ.

Scar
06-24-2009, 02:09 PM
POFQ does have elevators.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-24-2009, 02:22 PM
POFQ has elevators in all buildings.

POR has elevators in the mansion buildings, but NO elevators in the Bayou buildings.

One of the reasons we love POFQ is that it is small, so everything is close, no crazy-long walks to anything!

momofdisneyprincess
06-24-2009, 02:24 PM
We had a ground floor room at POFQ so didn't need to worry about elevators. That was great since my child is afraid of elevators and too heavy to carry up the stairs :-) POFQ really is a beautiful resort.

#1donaldfan
06-24-2009, 02:36 PM
...they both have 'em, however Riverside only has them on the Mansion side.....:mickey:

CleveRocks
06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
To prttynpnk:

I'm not being nit-picky with what I'm about to say, and afterwards I'll give you a funny story to convince you why I'm NOT being nit-picky:

It isn't "PO" and "FQ" it's "POR" and "POFQ." It's not "Port Orleans" and "Port Orleans French Quarter" ... they're both Port Orleans resorts.

November 2006, we stayed at POFQ for a week. After 3 p.m., the bus pick-up area at Magic Kingdom has separate bus slots for POR and POFQ, and each is clearly marked Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter. It was the end of the night, and we were in the POFQ bus line. A lady walked by and asked where was the bus stop for "Port Orleans." I asked if she meant Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter. She replied, "Neither. I'm staying at just plain Port Orleans." I told her there is no such place, it's one or the other, and she insisted that her hotel was neither Riverside nor French Quarter, just plain old Port Orleans. I asked if she could describe the resort so I could help her identify if it was POR or POFQ, but she got annoyed with me and kept insisting that it was "just plain Port Orleans" and wasn't POR or POFQ.

So, before you go, make sure you have the name straight, so you don't have an experience like hers, when she ultimately, I'm sure, had to flip a coin to determine which bus to take, and then hope she was right.

imaprincess!
06-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm staying at POR in September; we have 5 people and I understand those rooms are in the Bayou section, so there are no elevators? Is it all on one floor by any chance?

CleveRocks
06-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm staying at POR in September; we have 5 people and I understand those rooms are in the Bayou section, so there are no elevators? Is it all on one floor by any chance?Alligator Bayou buildings are 2 stories tall.

yasmina
06-25-2009, 12:02 PM
This has already been said, but POFQ does have elevators. We were in Bldg. 2, 3rd floor, and I took the elevators, as I have mobility issues due to back surgery 2 years ago. I never used the steps.

prttynpnk
06-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered my question. It was big help! :mickey:

luvemall
06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
In addition to having elevators, POFQ has a quaint ambience that POR does not have. I stayed in POFQ in 2005 and just returned from my first stay at POR. The staff at POFQ tried to accommodate our every need and request, but the POR was just the opposite. We requested bldg 14 or 15 as my mom had just had knee surgery 2 months ago (and she is 73). They not only didn't honor the request but they assigned us to bldg. 37 which is as far away from everything as possible. They didn't even attempt to give us a corner room or any other good will offering. Also, I requested a late checkout and you might think that being our 15th visit they would try to accommodate but it made no difference.
Our last day there, I had to go over to POFQ because they had a certain pin in stock that POR did not have and when I got to POFQ a gentleman opened the door (a door man) and welcomed me in with a smile and let me out the same way; the lady in the gift shop was really helpful and nice. They just don't offer that kind of hospitality at POR, unfortunately.
Best of luck. I hope you will have a wonderful vacation.

yjgirl32
07-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Wow I didn't realize they have elevators at POFQ. That is really good to hear. We will be there in Sept and had picked this resort due to size for my family who are legally blind and my father-in-law has Parkinsons. Thanks for the information.