PDA

View Full Version : A Little Overwhelmed..First Time in the Fall

TripPlanner09
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey yall! :wave:

This is my first post, but I've been reading Intercot for a loooong time. I''m really looking forward to getting lots of help from fellow Disney experts!

Background:

My family and I have been to Disney practically every summer (with a couple exceptions) since I was born, so that's approximately 20 trips! We have mostly stayed at the Poly, with a couple trips to WL and CBR thrown in there. Going in June or July, we are very used to big crowds and crazy heat (we're from Louisiana, so it's not that hard to get used to!) We also usually only go for 3 or 4 nights, but since we've been so much, that's enough time to get the things we didn't do last trip in and try a couple new things too. As far as our plan of attack, we get to the park before opening & stay till right before lunch time, then head back to the resort for pool time. In the evening, head to a different resort for dinner & fireworks.

(sorry for the long intro! :blush:)

For our next trip, we're trying something new. Actually, a lot of new things. We'll be there from September 27th-October 2nd (5 nights), staying at POR, taking advantage of the free DDP, and we'll have 5 day park hopper passes. And now for my list of questions...

What are the crowds like in late September, early October?
I know FL weather is unpredictable, but will it still be warm enough to enjoy the resort pools? What about the water parks?
This will be our first experience with any kind of special event at WDW. How would you rate MNSSHP? Worth the $52 per person price? We'd be attending the September 29th party, which is on a Tuesday night...good idea?

I'm going to be asking lots of questions about POR and dining options in the other forums :blush: Thanks for listening! Any help is appreciated!

joonyer
06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
The weather will be a break from the heat you are used to in June/July, but it will still be plenty warm enough to swim. It's warm enough in even in late October/November.

The crowds will be much lighter than summer, although the parks will not be empty by any means. But the attraction waits will be much shorter. With judicious use of fast passes, we have never waited more than 10-15 minutes for any attraction in October. Fall is our favorite time to visit WDW. You should have a great trip.

momofdisneyprincess
06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
My favorite time to go:thumbsup: The weather is definitely warm enough to enjoy swimming. I thought the MNSSHP was definitely worth it. I went two years in a row and would go again if I were down there at that time. Enjoy. You will love going that time of year.

Jeri Lynn
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
An awesome time to go!!! Weather can still be hot, but it can also be cooler than summer and refreshing.

As for the Halloween party...DEFINATELY go and enjoy, it's a lot of fun!!

Crowds will be lighter than the summer, this may become your favorite time to go!!

Figment78
06-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Ditto all of the above! And welcome to intercot!!!

joanna71985
06-24-2009, 06:11 PM
MNSSHP is so much fun! I love the parade and the fireworks. I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

DadTriton
06-24-2009, 06:59 PM
You actually picked a fairly good week. Any later, the Halloween crowds are huge. Also, you will experience 80 deg weather most likely, but cool at night not so muggy. Kids are just back in school, so crowds will not be too bad. The only curve-ball could be a tropical system.

Have fun!

Disney Doll
06-25-2009, 09:49 AM
What are the crowds like in late September, early October?
I know FL weather is unpredictable, but will it still be warm enough to enjoy the resort pools? What about the water parks?
This will be our first experience with any kind of special event at WDW. How would you rate MNSSHP? Worth the $52 per person price? We'd be attending the September 29th party, which is on a Tuesday night...good idea?

We're going the same week as you and we are also attending the party on the 29th. We did MNSSHP last year and loved it! I think it is worth the extra money. The atmosphere is just so fun and the limited crowds makes it almost feel like you have the park to yourself. I've always heard that weekday parties are less crowded and that's what we did last year.

It will definitely be warm enough for swimming & water parks. In fact I'm a little worried about the heat because September is just a little too close to those blistering summer months for me. We went in mid-late October last year and it was still very warm.

I've always heard that crowds are pretty good this time of year and we had a great experience with October last year. If you are used to summer crowds it will be a big difference.

Hope you have a fantastic trip!!

caryrae
06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
When we went that time of year in 2006 it was very hot and humid even at night when we went to MNSSHP.

Everytime we go in Sept the crowds have been great. Lots of rides where not long a wait at all.

Leighler
06-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Just another little tid-bit my wonderful travel agent from Magical Journeys shared with me when I asked about the water park ticket option she told me it can be added when you check in so you could always just opt not to have it and then if the weather looks good for it add it when you get there. That way if you don't have good enough weather for it (which I'm sure you will) you haven't wasted money! I'll be there at the exact same time you will and always opt to go during value season. It's really nice usually. Have fun!!! :mickey:

TripPlanner09
06-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks so much for making me feel better!

Reading a lot of the posts about tackling the summer crowds, I almost feel bad about asking to be reassured about the fall...but summer heat and crowds is my normal definition of Disney! We decided we're definitely doing MNSSHP, the parade looks so awesome (along with everything else) Thanks again for all the replies!

NotaGeek
06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

Great choice on the MNSSHP ... it's one of my favorite Disney events!

Also, the POR is great -- you guys will love it!