PDA

View Full Version : Back Up to LeCellier

DisneyFr33k
06-24-2009, 11:41 AM
We are wanting LeCellier for our up coming trip, but know it is hard to come by. We don't have park hopper passes and want a solid back up in case we can't eat there.

We've already eaten at Coral Reef, Mexico (didn't like it), France, and England and wanted to try somewhere new.

We are between Japan, Germany or Morroco.

Which would you recommend. Oh, we will have a DD (12) and DS (10) with us.

Thanks for your advice!!

hlkeck
06-24-2009, 12:18 PM
We had a great time at Germany's biergarten. The food was good and the atmosphere was excellent. Our kids (6 and 4) had a BLAST there and even enjoyed the food.

That said...it's not exactly a 'back up' to Le Cellier -- Germany is a buffet and just not as upscale. I hear that Japan is a very typical Japanese steak house and nothing special. We have only had Morocco for counter service, never been to Merrakesh - but it gets mixed reviews.

Good luck with Le Cellier, it is really great. But if you're looking for good (not excellent) food and a fun atmosphere for a back up, Germany is nice.

Gusgus
06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
There are two places in Japan. The steak house and another where they cook the food in front of you on a grill (Teppan Edo). It's a lot of fun, the chefs are a hoot and my children love it. However they are not on the dining plan and it is a bit expensive (comparable to Canada).

I didn't hear that you ate in Italy or Moracco. Those are other opportunities for you.

Gusgus

DVCWDWMEMBER
06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
We love to eat in Morocco at Marekesh. We also love Germany and Japan. If I were to pick one I would pick Morocco.

Scott C
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I only have two ADR's for our July trip -- LeCellier and Biergarten. I have been to both twice before. We actually probably prefer Biergarten, but it is close. If they only had the cheese soup and breadsticks...........

You can't go wrong with either one

Thanks
Scott C

PixieMagic
06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Good luck with Le Cellier, but if you are looking for the back up I would definitely go to Teppan Edo! The food is great (not too adventurous) and it's a very entertaining and fun atmosphere! It is a must do on our list for every trip and most trips we eat there twice!:secret:

DisneyFr33k
06-24-2009, 01:05 PM
There are two places in Japan. The steak house and another where they cook the food in front of you on a grill (Teppan Edo). It's a lot of fun, the chefs are a hoot and my children love it. However they are not on the dining plan and it is a bit expensive (comparable to Canada).

I just checked the 2009 dining plan and both Teppan Edo and Toyco Dining are on the plan.
Did I miss something?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Biergarten all the way from my family! In fact, we plan a meal there every trip, but have dropped Le Cellier from the rotation.

The buffet has a good assortment of food, the band is fun, and we always have a good time.

WishingStar2006
06-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Teppan Edo is definitely on the dining plan!

vicster
06-24-2009, 02:17 PM
I just checked the 2009 dining plan and both Teppan Edo and Toyco Dining are on the plan.
Did I miss something?

I wondered the same thing. I made reservations at Teppan Edo for September and they are on the dining plan.

momofdisneyprincess
06-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Are you on the dining plan? If so, all of those are solid back up choices. If not, consider trying a bit of food at each of the kiosks since it is during the F&W Festival. Good luck!

DANAM
06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Good luck with Le Cellier, but if you are looking for the back up I would definitely go to Teppan Edo! The food is great (not too adventurous) and it's a very entertaining and fun atmosphere! It is a must do on our list for every trip and most trips we eat there twice!:secret:

:ditto:

My kids are younger than yours, 7 and 4 but they absolutley love Teppan Edo. It was the one place they asked to eat at.

DisneyFr33k
06-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Are you on the dining plan? If so, all of those are solid back up choices. If not, consider trying a bit of food at each of the kiosks since it is during the F&W Festival. Good luck!

Yes, we are on the dining plan. And, we use our snack options to eat samples from the kiosks. Those fill us up nicely and will allow us to enjoy a bigger dinner.

Thanks!

Gusgus
06-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Did I miss something?

No you didn't miss anything. I am just wrong. Sorry about that. I swore I went there a previous year and was told they didn't take it. I must have confused it with DDE or something.

I HATE providing wrong information! My apologies.

GusGus

DisneyFr33k
06-27-2009, 09:36 AM
No you didn't miss anything. I am just wrong. Sorry about that. I swore I went there a previous year and was told they didn't take it. I must have confused it with DDE or something.

I HATE providing wrong information! My apologies.

GusGus

No worries! I've learned a lot from you all! :rocks:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I'd go with Biergarten!!!!

My DH and I love it. The food is always good. We also have great service and the entertainment is wonderful. Lots of fun! It is one restaurant we've never missed.

KAT1811
06-27-2009, 03:46 PM
We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We are actually planning on eating there three times on our upcoming trip. It is DH's favorite! It is on the dining plan but is a 2 TS restaurant. Good luck with Le Cellier. I find the trick to be ready to go as soon as the lines open up and haven't had any trouble getting at least something!