PDA

View Full Version : Please help me sell La Nouba to my wife!

KH
06-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi all,
I need some help convincing my wife, Amy, that we should spend a little more this year and see La Nouba. In addition to the fact that by all accounts the show is incredible, I'm using the argument that we will almost certainly be saving on our room or package, given the way things seem to be going with resort deals (we're going in January). If anyone has a suggestion for a better strategy I would be very grateful!

Also, because I do feel optimistic that I (we) can convince her, are the front and center seats too close? It seems to me that we could spend most of the time looking up. Is category 1 better?

Thanks for your help! Isn't planning fun!

Kevin

BMan62
06-24-2009, 11:52 AM
We had Cat. 1 Section 102 Row E (5 rows off stage left) seating for our first visit to La Nouba and it was great, although there were times I wished we had gotten first row of the second tier - then everything would have been going on in front of us. When the characters come out, they are on the walkway between the tiers and we had to crane our heads around to see them behind us.

Cat. 1 Sections 203 - 205 in the first row or two would be magnificent viewing.

My jaw was on the floor the entire 90 minutes. It is an experience that should not be missed.

DVCWDWMEMBER
06-24-2009, 12:17 PM
We have seen the show twice now and loved it both times. I am sure we will see it again. Tell the wife that she will be in awe.

EmmMOM2
06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
It's WONDERFUL!!!
We sat in the front row directly in the middle and it wasn't too close.
Though to be honest, there isn't a bad seat in the house really.

She will be glad she went.

Ed
06-24-2009, 02:21 PM
The first time my DW talked me into seeing La Nouba, about five years ago, I was skeptical, but figured it might be a good place to take a nap.

WRONG!!!

Since then, we've been back four more times, and have taken many friends and relatives who were just as blown away by the show as we were. It is an absolutely amazing show, and each time we've been we've seen things that either we missed previously or have been added.

Yes, it's expensive, but in my book it's worth every cent!

Faver
06-24-2009, 03:00 PM
We've seen La Nouba twice and both times it was well worth the money. Any seat in the house is a good seat:number1: The way the show is set up, everyone has a birds eye view!

You and your wife WILL NOT be disappointed:thumbsup:

Enjoy:mickey:

patandmikesmom
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
We are planning to see La Nouba this time around in Disney -- for years we always avoided going -- price, etc... BUT, we are hooked on Cirque Du Soleil -- have seen Wintuk and recently Kooza -- and the shows are fabulous. It is definitely worth the money to see. The performers are amazing!!!!

NJGIRL
06-29-2009, 01:54 PM
We didn't see the show in Orlando but saw two of the shows (Mystere and O) when we were in Las Vegas and they were both very good. It's something everyone should do at least once if they can afford to. It was really amazing.

faline
06-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Have only been once and had front row center seats. The show was fantastic! The unobstructed view of the stage was wonderful though there was a time or two when I feared having a performer miss and land in my lap! Like another poster mentioned, some of the action does happen behind you when you are this close to the stage. Like that poster, I might try a seat further back for this reason.

Good luck convincing your wife to try it! Actually, it was never at the top of my to do list but my brother and his wife accompanied us on a trip about 1-1/2 years ago and he really wanted to see this so we added it to the itinerary.

swampfox28
06-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm SO going to get tickets this trip. I'm just going to save up and do it. I bet that with 2 kids almost 8 years apart in age it'll be the thing that they both enjoy the most! (Little one doesn't like roller coasters, etc. - older one is not looking forward to seeing princesses; different ages, different sexes, different priorities!!)

I bet it's going to be great!

epceddie
06-29-2009, 10:55 PM
My wife and I have been twice and the show is absolutely amazing!.
The production is exceptional, the performers are phenomenal and the music is mesmerizing.
Plus, we love the constant movement in the background and the preshow is a lot of fun also.
There is not a bad seat in the house, so don't be worried about that.

BluewaterBrad
06-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Show her all these posts!:mickey:

PiratesCove
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Show her all these posts!:mickey:

I agree!! We had a great time and I would go back again in a min! :thumbsup:

mrte62
07-03-2009, 03:08 PM
My family of seven at the time covering ages 67 to 10 some seven years later still talk about how great the show was and would see it again.

Once you convince your wife to go, make sure you get there early enough for the pre-show. :mickey:

Piglet822
07-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I took my boyfriend for the first time last year and he loved it! I had seen it once before and loved sharing it with him.
And even though I'd been before there were still things I noticed for the first time.
There's something going on all the time. IMO, it's well worth going to see!
Please let us know if you're able to convince her. Better yet, why not just purchase the tickets and surprise her?

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
07-10-2009, 12:51 PM
We sat in the 2nd tier front row. It was an awesome show! We went directly to the Cirque store and bought the video and the music cd!! We wanted to share it w/our Mom who will never get the opportunity to see it. We loved it although, it was so..... stimulating we almost fell asleep at a few points!! Ha! There is so... much to see at the same time and when you become over stimulated your brain starts to shut down! We are huge music fans and the music was so.... different and enchanting and it just made the whole experience totally wonderful. We recommended Cirque to friends, and they seen it about a month ago and they were blown away! We would go every trip if we could afford the extra $.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

PetefromRI
07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
The best money we ever spent in Disney!My wife said that the guy that flies through the air wasn't too bad on the eyes either!

chaodj9
07-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi all,
I need some help convincing my wife, Amy, that we should spend a little more this year and see La Nouba. In addition to the fact that by all accounts the show is incredible, I'm using the argument that we will almost certainly be saving on our room or package, given the way things seem to be going with resort deals (we're going in January). If anyone has a suggestion for a better strategy I would be very grateful!

Also, because I do feel optimistic that I (we) can convince her, are the front and center seats too close? It seems to me that we could spend most of the time looking up. Is category 1 better?

Thanks for your help! Isn't planning fun!

Kevin

Well Ive seen it twice and loved it both times also some of the parts are funny while its still amazing also the front seats are fine i sat in the 5th or 6th row up (class 2) and got a great view