PDA

View Full Version : Rumor of General Public room discounts to be released tomorrow????

forever a child
06-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I have seen posted on another disney site that tomorrow is the release date for General Public room discounts (code). They are supposed to be comparable to Disney Visa holder Room Only discounts.

Has anyone heard this? If so...any idea what the rates should run????

Gregandmel
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Not sure, but I know we received an e-mail 3 or 4 days ago for 35% off moderate resort room rates through 10/3/09. I think it was an e-mail sent to Disney Visa cardholders. Seems to me that in the past, we receive these e-mails a few days before they are open to the public. I have no idea if this will fall in line with that or not - just a thought though.

Tink1
06-24-2009, 10:46 AM
We are finding that the Free dining offer is better for 90% of our clients vs the Disney Visa Offer. Most notably those staying Moderate and Deluxe.

Nanc

Cinderella's mom
06-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I was curious when the dates would be for! I am ready to book, but would wait till tomorrow if they would be for November 21-26. Do you know what the dates are? TIA!!!!

Tink1
06-24-2009, 01:37 PM
if it follows the Disney Visa Offer dates it would be 8/9-10/3/2009

Nanc

TheRustyScupper
06-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I was curious when the dates would be for! I am ready to book, but would wait till tomorrow if they would be for November 21-26. Do you know what the dates are? TIA!!!!

1) I see no probability for discounts for these days.
2) Thanksgiving sells out without discounts.
3) Why give money away if they do not have to?

gueli
06-25-2009, 02:54 AM
1) I see no probability for discounts for these days.
2) Thanksgiving sells out without discounts.
3) Why give money away if they do not have to?

I agree that there will be no discounts for the 'high' season, but there is a rumor (some online orlando thing) that was speculating that to boost overall attendace levels disney might bring back the 4 for 3 deal after the free dinning plan expires.
part of their thought on this had to do with keeping park attendance up even if the profit margin was lower.
and that disney's fiscal year starts the last quarter of the year before.
I do not know if any of it is true- but i am hopeful that disney will extend further discounts to keep park attendace levels higher...
:mickey: