PDA

View Full Version : Southwest

DisneyFr33k
06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Yesterday, Southwest opened up all flights into January. For those of you who like to fly southwest and have November/December plans to fly to the World, log on now to grab a flight.

I logged on yesterday and saw my one way flight was $94. By the time I consulted my husband and travel agent about times (a couple of hours), the same flight was up to $105!

Does anyone know why it increased in a matter of hours of posting?

Ian
06-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Yesterday, Southwest opened up all flights into January. For those of you who like to fly southwest and have November/December plans to fly to the World, log on now to grab a flight.

I logged on yesterday and saw my one way flight was $94. By the time I consulted my husband and travel agent about times (a couple of hours), the same flight was up to $105!

Does anyone know why it increased in a matter of hours of posting?Because everyone bought up the $94 airfare.

Airlines price certain amounts of seats at certain price tiers. The $94 seats were allocated at a certain amount and they obviously sold out quickly.

AuntDJ
06-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I logged on yesterday, got my flight Jan 2 home, for $59 bucks...today (I just checked) it would be 182...

YAY ME!! and I just found flights out there on 12/26 on American for 109!! I am so excited I am about to burst....round trip for 2...less than $400

DJ

laprana
06-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Airfares really do change so fast! I booked our December flights yesterday soon after SW released the new dates. Got $89 each way, which I was really happy with! :thumbsup: I checked back later in the afternoon and saw that one of the flights I booked was up to $188!! Crazy!

sassafras
06-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I'd like to know how Southwest determines rate increases and decreases. Yesterday morning, the tickets I purchased for Aug. 22 and 29 on June 18, for 99 each, were 89. I rebooked at that price. Last night they were 82, so I rebooked again. Now I have 68 dollars credit. Seems kind of weird!

mudpuppysmom
06-24-2009, 11:57 AM
It seems to me that they play a lot with the prices....which I think depends on their inventory, the price of gas, the sun shining or not, the wind blowing from east to west or west to east whichever is odd to them.

I bought our flights for October about a week or two after they became available...they started out at 89, then went to 58 then to 47 and now they are at 68, but they have been 105 also, so for me there seems to be no real rhyme or reason, but when you think they are as low as they'll go, I'd bite.

Even DING! has not been real great for us the last two trips, so you can't even count on that anymore!

Jeri Lynn
06-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Sadly I haven't found anything great. I booked our flight home, came to $120 one way, still looking for flights down. We are flying into Providence, not sure where we will fly out of.

Melliesmom
06-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm trying to book our flights out of Cleveland and they came out at $139.00 one way no straight flights! They always had straign flights! The cost hasn't changed yet (this is for November). However, the flight going down from Columbus is $82.00 straight flight. I'm still holding on and checking every hour. I kind of don't mind the $139.00 coming home because it is 11/27. But going down I'm hoping for something a little cheaper and direct (11/19). :)