PDA

View Full Version : MJ and phone ADR's or NOT????

forever a child
06-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I need help deciding....:unsure:

I have been planning to use MJ for our upcoming trip. ( I have been hold out on booking for Sept 26-Oct 2nd trip because of cash being needed elsewhere and we are only using Value resort so if we don't our first pick it wont be a big deal.) But the deadline to book and get the Free DDP and the date for ADR's is coming up this weekend. I think my 90 day is this Sunday the 28th. We will be at DD's swim meet in neighboring state. She has to be there at 6:45 am!:swim:

The problem is that now the ADR's can be booked online instead of the phone. I have to be out of town this weekend when my 90 will be available and I will be stuck on my cell using up all my minutes.

OR I can book my ressies on the WDW website and then use the online system for my ADR's. I REALLY like the idea of being able to see the options and play with the times to make sure I get what I want. It is DD's Birthday so I would really like to make sure I get her picks for her special Bday trip to WDW.:tink:

Help me decide how I should handle this now that I have a new benefit for NOT using MJ...I was really looking forward to having them take care of things....:confused:

What should I do? Any suggestions?
Thank You!:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
06-23-2009, 08:24 PM
it doesn't matter where you book your trip... you can still use the online service. we have used it twice for dinners on friday nights just to have a nice meal together. ADRs can be used whether it is for 1 meal or 20 and whether you are staying on site, or not, or just visiting for the day (or not--just coming to have dinner/lunch/whatever).

I highly suggest MJ...Kathy is amazing!!! They really take care of you!

forever a child
06-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Right now you can not use the ONLINE system to book ADR's when you have booked through a TA (MJ's)....so unless they correct the problem before Sunday (which I doubt) I will have to book via Phone :(

dmallan
06-23-2009, 09:06 PM
It is possible to make online ADRs if you've booked through MJ, but you can only make them for 90 days out, not 90+10.

forever a child
06-23-2009, 09:22 PM
It is possible to make online ADRs if you've booked through MJ, but you can only make them for 90 days out, not 90+10.

Well, of course I would want to book my whole week so the 90+10 is basically what I am asking about, just forgot to add the +10 :blush:

steamboat willy
06-24-2009, 07:21 AM
I booked through MJ. :thumbsup:
I then made ADR via phone at 90 + 10, then DISNEY started the On-Line ADR system. I have since done two more On-Line dinners as well as looking up others. I had no problem? :cool:

forever a child
06-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I booked through MJ. :thumbsup:
I then made ADR via phone at 90 + 10, then DISNEY started the On-Line ADR system. I have since done two more On-Line dinners as well as looking up others. I had no problem? :cool:

My understanding is that the problem occurs at the 90 mark when you begin your ADR's. IF I want to book all 7 days of my stay ADR's on day 90...I have to wait and go each indvidual day out through the 7 dates to complete ADR's.

The ONLINE system will not honor ADR's for day 91, 92 and so on out if you book with TA. If you are past the number of days of 90...then aparently you should have no problem making changes to your ADR's.

Not sure if I have explained it well...there is a thread on Dining that address this issue....

tinksmom02
06-24-2009, 12:29 PM
My understanding is that the problem occurs at the 90 mark when you begin your ADR's. IF I want to book all 7 days of my stay ADR's on day 90...I have to wait and go each indvidual day out through the 7 dates to complete ADR's.

The ONLINE system will not honor ADR's for day 91, 92 and so on out if you book with TA. If you are past the number of days of 90...then aparently you should have no problem making changes to your ADR's.

Not sure if I have explained it well...there is a thread on Dining that address this issue....

That sounds about right, I think. I was playing around on the Online dining site last week, and it was only giving me reservation dates midway into my trip, instead of 90+10 (I guess it would've been 90 days from whatever day I was on the site).