PDA

View Full Version : Yeah...just got a pin code!!

gaffz70
06-23-2009, 05:08 PM
For 40% off our accommodations on our upcoming Aug trip. I thought for sure I wouldn't be allowed to use it b/c we are already getting free dining, but Magical journeys hooked us up!!!
They rock!:thumbsup:

omearac
06-23-2009, 07:55 PM
That's awesome!!! I don't understand how you got both discounts. I am certain that you can only use one discount at a time. In fact I recently got a pin and WDW told me I could only use it or get free dining, but not both. I felt silly because I already knew that. I was just so excited about the pin that I didn't even remember that I was already getting free dining. The CM gave me prices on each separate booking and in the end we saved more money with the free dining so we stuck with that. ;)

Live4WDW
06-23-2009, 10:07 PM
:mickey: Hey there. I am not sure about that either. I got a pin code also, and you can only use one discount at a time. I suppose you could go for 6 days and split the trip, but it would have to be 2 seperate stays, booked sperately, then you could use a discount for each. You would also have to pay for your tickets twice. DW and I got a pincode the other week or so, and forwarded it to Kathy at MJ and when all was said and done staying at the Coronado we decided to try with the free dining, as to add dining to the trip with the pincode would have been about $50.00 more. We even upgraded to the deluxe plan for $250.00 more to try it out before we go back in Nov. Dec. Have fun... It would be great if the 4/3 would come out for the Nov/Dec trip.:mickey:

DisneyFr33k
06-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I was told by my AAA agent that if free dining was extended into October (when we are going), then I would have to pick between my 40% off or the free dining - not both.

gaffz70
06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't know...but I forwarded the email with my pin code to Karen at Magical journeys who originally booked my trip and she said Disney will be crediting me $400 - now when I do the math, if I were to take 40% off my stay at the Poly, it would be more than $400...So I don't know how they are figuring it out, but hey, I'll take anything!

Familyof4
06-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Just curious-we are going during the free dining, but am curious what the offer you saw was. Do you mind sharing?? Thanks.

ctennis
06-27-2009, 10:18 AM
That's awesome!!! I don't understand how you got both discounts. I am certain that you can only use one discount at a time. In fact I recently got a pin and WDW told me I could only use it or get free dining, but not both

It must depend on the pin code, because we most definitely got a room discount AND kept free dining with ours.

johnO
06-27-2009, 10:48 AM
It must depend on the pin code, because we most definitely got a room discount AND kept free dining with ours.

We've tried numerous times, and each time we're told you can only apply one pin code to your stay. Looks like you lucked out.

swampfox28
06-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow - that's terrific!

Wendy at MJ told me that we could only use one discount/code at once, but perhaps your offer falls outside of that general rule somehow... Whatever the reason, congrats to you on your luck!! :thumbsup:

coloradowendyl
06-27-2009, 11:07 AM
You cannot use a pincode and the free dining offer. Depending on where you are staying, etc your pincode may save you money over the price of the free dining offer. The pincode is applied against the price of the package pre-discounts. You would still have a package with dining,however, the discount applied would be towards the room portion. Disney does not allow two discounts on one package.

Wendy

BMan62
06-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't know...but I forwarded the email with my pin code to Karen at Magical journeys who originally booked my trip and she said Disney will be crediting me $400 - now when I do the math, if I were to take 40% off my stay at the Poly, it would be more than $400...So I don't know how they are figuring it out, but hey, I'll take anything!

Sounds like they are taking 40% off your room rate, then charging you for the DDP. That would come close to the $400 refund you are talking about.

swampfox28
06-27-2009, 04:26 PM
You cannot use a pincode and the free dining offer. Depending on where you are staying, etc your pincode may save you money over the price of the free dining offer. The pincode is applied against the price of the package pre-discounts. You would still have a package with dining,however, the discount applied would be towards the room portion. Disney does not allow two discounts on one package.

Wendy

Yup. I knew you knew your stuff, Wendy!!

That makes a lot of sense...

-Sarah :cool:

marlaine
06-27-2009, 05:44 PM
I got my 40% off pin code and used it before they came out with free dining. When they released the free dining dates, I called back and they said that I could use only 1 discount. I kept the 40% off and paid for the Dining Plan because it was cheaper to do it that way.

pixiesmimi
06-27-2009, 09:11 PM
I have received several pin codes this year but chose to use the military 40% off room and when free dining came out, was told by MJ that I couldn't use both. When we ran the figures, we discovered that the 40% off at the Poly and pay for dining was cheaper. I received another pin code this week for free dining 4 night/5 day package 8/23-10/1 and 11/29-12/17. Looked like a good price at the values but don't know about the other resorts. I thought about changing ours but remembered that MJ said it was cheaper to keep what we have. Kills me not to have free dining since that is why I made our reservations in August for that reason (history of free dining) but in the long run, we are getting a very good price on this.

mouseketeer mom
06-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I got a pin code in the mail yesterday! It was for free dining thru November 24th. I called to book for our Thanksgiving trip and the computer accepted the code for our entire length of stay thru the day after Thanksgiving! Yeah!

gaffz70
06-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Yes, I think Bman62 is probably right....according to the email I received the pin code was sent because my son will be celebrating a birthday during that time period.