PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon

imaprincess!
06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi all - made my ADRs this morning and was very successful. I was, however, thinking of calling again, trying to get ressies at Whispering Canyon. Your opinion of this restaurant? FYI, it's me, hubby and three kids ages 13, 11 and 6. Is this a difficult place to get into? Thanks! :eat:

DANAM
06-23-2009, 03:53 PM
We ate here for breakfast and it was great! The food was wonderful plus since it's not a character dinning it was very reasonable (for Disney). I think it was about $45 buck for DH, me, DD7 and DS4. We all had the skillet that they bring to the table. We are considering dinner this year so I hope someone can tell you about that.

WishingStar2006
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
No, it's not difficult to get into. It's very family oriented and can be a lot of fun for younger children and entertaining for all. Can get loud at times.

The food, from reading reviews, has gone down in quality lately but we enjoy it very much and recommend it to our friends.

Enjoy!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-23-2009, 04:19 PM
We've always enjoyed Whispering Canyon. It isn't hard to get into, but like everywhere else, ADR's are needed. I've seen people turned away, or told that they could have dinner at 9:30pm.

It is fun, the kids will enjoy it. The servers are a real hoot. The food is good, nothing super-special, but yummy.

KatMark
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Went last year for dinner and won't be going back. Terrible service and DH got sick on the meat in the skillet.

motherof4
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
we had dinner there last year we had no problem getting in we had 9 pm res the food is great they pulled my husband up to do the chicken dance with a group of people.you will have a good time if you go there.we are going back in aug have fun and don't forget to ask for ketchup!

deedeebee
06-23-2009, 05:01 PM
LOVE IT. We go there every time we go to disney. Our kids are now 11,12 and 13.:thumbsup:

gaffz70
06-23-2009, 05:13 PM
We really enjoyed our time there, liked the food and the entertainment. I remember seeing 2 different couples walk in and get seated without ressies around 6pm. I guess that is prob easier to do with only 2 people in the party though.

VolMickey
06-23-2009, 09:02 PM
One of THE best, most fun dining experiences my DD, DW and I have ever had. We went 2 nights in a row last time we were at WDW. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lots of fun stuff going on then, and DW made video of the men in the restaurant doing the "buttercup" dance. Embarassing, but fun!

GoldenDreams
06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
We have enjoyed this restaurant several times for breakfast. The adults have all had the skillet breakfast which is all-you-can-eat waffles, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and fried potatoes. My son gets the french toast. I think the biscuits and gravy are particularly good here. It's a casual and fun place. We always do it on a day off from the parks and then spend time after breakfast sitting in the lobby and down at the beach. It is a really nice property to visit. If you are staying in one of their hotels, you can also rent a boat from here.

figgie
06-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Woohoo! Never ending milk shakes.....

SAH
06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Great place to have lunch or dinner, very reasonable and great atmosphere. We'll be there in oct...

DisneyFr33k
06-24-2009, 02:12 PM
We had dinner there. It was very crowded. The tables and chairs were so close to other tables and chairs that it was hard to get up to go to the bathroom. The food was average. Nothing special. The service was average. Nothing special. We've checked it off our list of "to try" and won't be going back.