PDA

View Full Version : Trundle beds at PO Riverside

Goofy Pluto
06-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed in a room with a trundle bed. How's the bed? Comfy? How many rooms have these beds? Anything I should know about them?

Thanks.

snuggs30
06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
The beds are small. They only have one mattress. They are great for toddlers or very small children. My daughter was 8 and was to big for it. She slept there, but kept falling off and her feet touched the end. haha. I would get one if you had small children. I think all the beds have them???? Correct me if I am wrong people! It's been awhile! haha

momef3grls
06-23-2009, 04:02 PM
it really doesn't take up a lot of room and your child will be much more comfortable. twin size ones fit under the bed so they are out of the way

Scott C
06-23-2009, 05:23 PM
all of the above -- not really a mattress but a foam pad if I recall. DS17 would have been 13 our last visit to POR -- he was fine with it.

Thanks
Scott C

Scott C
06-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I have never been in a room in the AB section without the trundle

Thanks
Scott C

illini
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
They're pretty small. I think they're only about 5 feet long, maybe a little longer. Shorter than a traditional bed (since it has to slide under). Definitely a tight squeeze for an older child. My 9 & 10 year olds would definitely not fit on them now. They're not appropriate for an adult unless it's someone who is *very* petite!

crazeedizneefinatic
06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
agree with the other posters, I was actually quite shocked at what they were. Not to sound gruesome but they reminded me of a slab at the morgue, metal with a very thin foam "mattress" with hardly any height off the floor. My son did not complain about comfort just that he was sleeping on the floor and ended up in our bed anyway. The beds are rather high at the resort. Someone mentioned an air mattress and that would be a better solution.

mouseketeer mom
06-23-2009, 08:22 PM
uhhhh.....ut oh. I didn't realize how small they were until I read this. We just booked one night at POR before our stay at the Poly. I figured my son, almost age 10, would be fine on it..but maybe not??? I mean, when I booked it over the phone, the agent saw the ages of my kids and didn't say anything..we booked here thinking it was the best option for our family of five for the one night..sounds like we may not wake up feeling very rested..maybe I should pick somewhere else??

happy day
06-23-2009, 10:02 PM
The trundle bed isn't something most children will want to sleep on past 5 years old. The last time we tried it, we ended up sleeping 3 to the bed instead, and being a double bed it wasn't very comfortable. My son was afraid of being so near the floor that bugs might crawl on him. It is so little, and the mattress is like a changing table foam mattress you would find on a changing table. I do not think the trundle is very nice. It is not in every room either, but if you book 5 people, they should put you in a room with one.

mouseketeer mom
06-23-2009, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=happy day;1910058]The trundle bed isn't something most children will want to sleep on past 5 years old. The last time we tried it, we ended up sleeping 3 to the bed instead, and being a double bed it wasn't very comfortable. My son was afraid of being so near the floor that bugs might crawl on him. It is so little, and the mattress is like a changing table foam mattress you would find on a changing table. I do not think the trundle is very nice. It is not in every room either, but if you book 5 people, they should put you in a room with one.

QUOTE]

Wow. I'm really rethinking this. Yeah, its only for one night, but the whole point was to arrive a day sooner, later in the day, and start our trip fully rested in the am. My son is almost 10 and not small for his age. Maybe I should switch to a standard room somewhere else for the night.

tinkerddeedee
06-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh don't worry about it! Especially if your only going to be staying ONE night!!!:thumbsup: My almost 4 year old slept on it when we were there in May, but my 12 and 14 yr. olds would have found it comfortable. And they are NOT petite!!!
Don't fret over it. Hey, your staying at the POLY!!!!!!!!:party:

Scott C
06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh don't worry about it! Especially if your only going to be staying ONE night!!!:thumbsup: My almost 4 year old slept on it when we were there in May, but my 12 and 14 yr. olds would have found it comfortable. And they are NOT petite!!!
Don't fret over it. Hey, your staying at the POLY!!!!!!!!:party:

Totally agree
Scott C

ayeckley
06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Heck, I'm a fully grown adult and I've spent several days on a POR trundle bed. I probably wouldn't do it again, but it wasn't really a big deal. I'm sure my feet hung over a bit...

#1donaldfan
06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
....we have ALWAYS had a room with the trundle and our DS has used it each and every time......it's not a big bed, it's a roll away, with a thin mattress, but the kids love it, it just works out that he uses it.....your 10 year old should have no problem whatsoever, unless they are over 6 ft and 250 pounds....but at 10 I surely doubt that !!!!!!

LarryBoy
06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
We went when my DS was 6, and he loved the trundle bed. We all did. There's just three of us, so everybody got there own bed. After a day in the parks it was so nice for everybody to have their own space to stretch out. He was a pretty tall six and had no problems with the size of the bed. Of course he's a pretty heavy sleeper, because I noticed a couple of times that he had rolled off and was sleeping on the floor.

Mitzie
06-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Last Oct. my DS age 9 slept on the trundle bed and was just fine. Yes it was a thin materess but he didn't complain. We liked that when he was done it rolled under the other bed completely out of the way. Even a rollaway once folded still takes up room so we liked that feature.

missymouseworld
06-27-2009, 07:12 AM
What we did our last trip was bring a twin air mattress and pulled out the trundle and put it right on top of it. With the trundle mattress and the air mattress, he was comfy. The way the room is situated, it fit right in the corner next to the bed where the trundle is. My DS (7) slept on it and didn't complain once.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I think my nephew was about 8 when he slept on it. I don't remember him complaining. I think he liked the novelty of it. They should be fine if it's only for one night.