PDA

View Full Version : hope this doesnt open a can of worms!

brian2000boston
06-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Not trying to start a thread that goes into the fiasco that took place on the tipping post. Just curious as to how they manage guests, from other resorts, from using pools?

I assume this is a rule, is it honor system? Is it ok to try others? and if not is it ok to go to the pool at a resort our friends are staying at? They will be at CBR while we are at POFQ and we would like to bounce around together.

Thank you!

ThanxForNoticin
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Disney does not permit pool hopping, except as a perk for DVC members (and even then, there are restrictions for certain pools and certain times of the year where it's prohibited totally).

Generally speaking, it's going to be an honor system for folks to respect the rules of the resort pools. On rare occasions, especially busy times, you might be asked to produce a resort key for the pool you are swimming in. Generally speaking, the guests at either CBR or POFQ should not be using the other resort's pools.

Any chance you could get the same resort? There are also the water parks...

brian2000boston
06-23-2009, 01:17 PM
unfortunately we stayed at CBR last year and decided we wanted something smaller and the boat to downtown looked nice to have...

They are looking for the tropical theme. With the little one we won't miss the carrying at the end of the night!

Ian
06-23-2009, 01:25 PM
As Disney updates and modernizes their pools, more and more of them are instituting a key check in order to use them.

I know they have one at the Beach Club and I'm pretty sure both the new pool at Kidani Village and the one at BLT will have key checks.

jakeybake
06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I know the YC & BC are quite dilligent when it comes to checking resort ID's. They have a life guard set up at each pool area entrance. They check each and every person entering and give each resort guest a wristband, which varies in color depending on the day. They then have life guards walk around the pool are throughout the day checking for wristbands.

I'm sure some folks have pulled pool hoping off but personally, I'm against it and would never risk the embarrassment if I were ever caught.

Jay

Scott C
06-23-2009, 01:53 PM
First -- I am in agreement with all that is above -- but I am wondering if there is a loophole here. I do not know if it is within policy to swim at another pool as a guest of the other party that is staying on that property. Anyone know the official stance??

Thanks
Scott C

brian2000boston
06-23-2009, 02:00 PM
First -- I am in agreement with all that is above -- but I am wondering if there is a loophole here. I do not know if it is within policy to swim at another pool as a guest of the other party that is staying on that property. Anyone know the official stance??

Thanks
Scott C

This confuses me the most. I would think if we wanted to have them come visit us we could? I wouldn't think that people can't visit us or the other way around. But you never know in Disney ;)

MNNHFLTX
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
This confuses me the most. I would think if we wanted to have them come visit us we could? I wouldn't think that people can't visit us or the other way around. But you never know in Disney ;)

I would ask the front desk for guidance in this. Generally speaking, guests that are visiting another resort are allowed to have a look around, eat at the restaurants, shop at the shops, but are not allowed to use amenities reserved for guests staying at that resort, such as use of the pool. I have known cast members to give permission if the non-resident guests are visiting resident guests at the resort, but it may depend on the time of year and how busy it is.

MidnTPK
06-23-2009, 05:00 PM
it may depend on the time of year and how busy it is.
My sister and her family live in Winter Park FL, a neighborhood suburb of Orlando. I've explained the situation at the front desk and to the attendants at Stormalong Bay (the pool area at the YC-BC) and they have accommodated us, giving us wristbands and parking passes. But these visits have been in low season, so I'm not sure how it would work in peak times.

brian2000boston
06-23-2009, 08:45 PM
well it sounds like there is hope! Lets hope for giving CM's at the front desk :mickey:

Thank you everyone for great feedback!!

DigitalDaredevil
06-24-2009, 06:24 AM
I would hope that a lot of common sense would dictate how they handle it.
If you are a guest of a resort, and are visiting another guest and can prove it, there should be nothing wrong with using the pools.
Now I agree with making sure everyone belongs there though. With the tough economy I would imagine that there are some sneaky people out there that say they are going in for a look around or to eat, and then they unload the family in the pool area. A free way to get some Disney Pool Magic.