PDA

View Full Version : SWA updated

ransam
06-23-2009, 12:27 PM
SWA opened up their flights through Jan...just a FYI.

threeh
06-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Just curios, has anyone had luck with ding?? I'm trying to decide to book it or wait for a better deal.

BMan62
06-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Just curios, has anyone had luck with ding?? I'm trying to decide to book it or wait for a better deal.

Best deals, for me, have been through the 'Wanna Get Away' fares. I haven't seen a Ding! fare for BWI <=> MCO in so long, I forget what they look like.

We got a 'Wanna Get Away' fare of $49 each person each way for our trip in September. Doubt if they would beat that with a Ding! fare, but who knows.

TiggerBite
06-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Just booked Southwest BWI <=> MCO 12/09 for $119.20 per person round trip....:blush:

I'm so excited that I am telling everyone! I NEVER get lucky with airfare!

I'M GOIN' TO DISNEY :mickey:

momofdisneyprincess
06-23-2009, 02:18 PM
The only DING I have seen is thru the end of August. Even then, it is for places I would drive to. I haven't seen a DING for MCO in quite a while either. They are having good Wanna Get Away fares. I would book one of those and take a credit if a DING fare comes up.

Jeri Lynn
06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm pretty disappointed, I am looking to book our flights for 11/29 to 12/5 and we can leave from Boston, Hartford or Providence and the fares are ridiculous.

I hope it's just going to take a few days for the realistic fares to show up!!

threeh
06-23-2009, 04:40 PM
The only DING I have seen is thru the end of August. Even then, it is for places I would drive to. I haven't seen a DING for MCO in quite a while either. They are having good Wanna Get Away fares. I would book one of those and take a credit if a DING fare comes up.

Thanks to all for the ding info. They did have 79 one way outta Pittsburgh, can't really beat that!!

Happy Planning

ransam
06-23-2009, 06:44 PM
The prices were high from MCI to MCO...but that's ok we have rewards for free flights....my problem is that there weren't many flights going out on our dates..
Does SWA ever add flights? does anyone know?

lighteningqueen
06-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Got ours today, if I had not chimed in on this thread, I would have not checked and booked a flight. We were going to drive 2 days up and 2 days back.... We got 59.00 one way up and back so that was cheap... cheaper than last years deal of 91.00. So this scardy cat is flying this year. These are Dec rates. She said if the price fell I could get the new price...

Gocubs
06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Any advice on when to book? I will be flying out of Louisville on 12/3 and returning 12/7. Yesterday they had flights for $117, but now it is $161. Do they typically jump around like that? Should I just keep checking, or should I book?

lighteningqueen
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
You pretty much better book when you see it super low as to past. Yesterday was the first day for booking for Dec and when flights fill or start to be full they go up on the price. You could wait but it may never be that low again and if it does they said we could call and get the lower price adjusted...

Beast_fanatic
06-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks to all for the ding info. They did have 79 one way outta Pittsburgh, can't really beat that!!

Happy Planning

Since they don't release their schedule way, way out in advance like many other airlines do, they typically don't make many changes to it (like other airlines do).

Melliesmom
06-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Waiting a few more days for the Cle-Mco flights. $139.00 one way and TX is getting them for $59.00? What happened? I'm really happy for you guys, but what about the North??? Still waiting....

lighteningqueen
06-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Last year Texas didn't get the good rates but back East/North did so we are thankful...