PDA

View Full Version : Dinner w/ someone not on Dining plan

ransam
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm going to Disney in December. we have friends there. one day my sister is going to the beach. a couple friends are going to go to disney w/ me that day. my question is, can i use the dining plan for my friends dinner since my sister won't be there?
has anyone ever done that? would it be uneticial even though I am the one that bought the ticket?
just wondering what your thoughts were.

Figment!
06-23-2009, 01:05 PM
From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: Are there restrictions on how I can redeem my credits?

A: The following are currently restrictions on credit redemption:

Child Credits can only be redeemed for Child Meals where available.
Credits may not be redeemed for Guests not vacationing on the credit holder's Magic My Way Package.

threeh
06-23-2009, 01:09 PM
You can't use your dining plan (traditional dining plan I am assuming, not the AP discount card called tables in wonderland or something, that one I believe covers the entire party including adult beverages) it says on your card how many are on the plan and that's all they'll use it for. They will subtract your dining plan stuff and give you a check for all the rest. We have eaten with folks not on the plan.

Happy planning:mickey:

deedeenmickey
06-23-2009, 01:42 PM
I didn't know this was a rule. I used the dining plan for a friend of mine who met us there. He made 5 and there was only 4 in our room. I did it twice and no one said anything. I wouldn't have done this if I had known.:blush:

DANAM
06-23-2009, 04:05 PM
I didn't know this was a rule. I used the dining plan for a friend of mine who met us there. He made 5 and there was only 4 in our room. I did it twice and no one said anything. I wouldn't have done this if I had known.:blush:

I too have used the DDP incorrectly. No one seems to check but when you find aout about it later it make you feel bad. I personally see great savings in the plan and I hate for misuse to end it. We used 2 adult TS for kids TS. It wasn't until we got home and I was adding up receipts (I love to see how much we saved) that I noticed it.

Although, in the original posters case I would hardly call that misuse. Although, it isn't allowed either way.