PDA

View Full Version : Lousy 90+10 ADR Experience

MidnTPK
06-23-2009, 11:42 AM
My 90+10 window opened up recently, and I have to say it's a lousy first impression of my trip.

I wasn't able to call the ADR line until 7 PM of day t-minus 90. I was able to be online at 6:45 AM that day, but because I booked via a AAA travel agent, my reservation number is recognized by the ADR system, so calling was my only option....wish I'd known beforehand and stayed in bed.

I mistakenly wasn't too worried because I thought I was being flexible...and I'm staying for 8 nights, so I though at the very least I'd be able to get times I wanted toward the end of my trip (90+6). Anyway, the only dinner ADR I wanted for my entire trip was something between 5:00 and 6:15 at Ohana, any weekday. Nothing available the whole week.

Then I wanted a Chef Mickey's ANY day at 8 AM. Only on my check-out day was this available. This is particularly lousy BECAUSE I'M STAYING AT THE CONTEMPORARY. How lousy is it that you can't eat at your hotel's breakfast buffet when you are a guest there? There really ought to be set-asides for resort guests.

I'll keep checking....I know there's always movement of ADRs and things open up. And I know if it was important to me I should have been on the phone at ADR-line opening. But still...it's getting a bit ridiculous that at 95.5 days out you can't book the place you want near a time you want.

(P.S. I'm not very flexible with meal times because of the schedule we keep my toddler on)

MOJoe
06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd call back. Maybe even today. There seems to be a few bugs in the new ADR system, telling CMs there is no availability when in fact there is. That said, this is the free dining period, right? So it pays to be the early bird.

MidnTPK
06-23-2009, 01:46 PM
I've been calling back for the past several days...and using the online tool...no luck so far.

DizneyRox
06-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I blame the DDP... Although Chef Mickeys is one of the most popular breakfasts on property.

I tried to get into Boma for dinner and couldn't and I was staying at AKL. Go figure!