PDA

View Full Version : It Is A Small World After All!

imaprincess!
06-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Called this morning to make my ADRs. It turned out that the agent is originally from my state and her brother-in-law retired two weeks ago from my former employer where I worked for 10 years (I quit to stay home with the kiddies). It's a small world, indeed! :mickey:

SFD998
06-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I agree I can't tell you how many times I have run into people that I know or in several cases that I live next door to (didn't know they were going). One time while dining at LeCellier we ran into a boy that my son goes to school with in the restroom. What are the chances of being down there the same time, at the same park and same restaurant in the restroom?

steamboat willy
06-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Last week while making my ADR, our agent after seeing where we were from, said. His girlfriend just moved here for work and he was coming up next week for a visit.
It is a Small World After All. :cool:

*Liz*
06-23-2009, 12:03 PM
When we dined at Tony's in 2007, I noticed on the manager's nametag that he was from the same hometown as my mom. Turns out, he knew our of family and had a crush on one of my mom's cousins in high school! He gave us 4 free Grand Gathering Tony's Town Square pins. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-28-2009, 12:11 AM
We were just on a cruise to Bermuda last week and I was talking to a Bermudian who lived just south of Boston prior to moving to the island. And then I was talking to another woman on the ferry who also used to live not to far from me but she lives in SC now. The world is really getting smaller.

Diznee4Me
06-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Last year I visited D-Land for the first time. While in the caves leading to Indy I passed a lady that looked familiar. I called her name and she looked back but I never saw her again. The family I was traveling with said "no that couldn't be her."

The next week I get back to work in SC and found out her division held a meeting in Anaheim and they were given passes to Dland on that day. We had passed each other by inches two-thousand miles away from home and didn't know we were going to be there together.

BMan62
06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Last year at Spirit of Aloha, our server grew up just one road over from where I lived. Now, I was quite a bit older than she, so we never had opportunity to meet while I lived there, but it was still a 'Small World' feeling.

kemps@wdw
07-05-2009, 11:16 PM
"Small World" story...while checking in @ the WL, we noticed the CM was from the same town that I work in. And as our school fall break is in Oct., we see several people from our town @ WDW.