PDA

View Full Version : question for cast members

momef3grls
06-23-2009, 09:43 AM
My daughter is currently in the World on summer internship. I am planning on going down to visit her at the end of the summer and then we are going to fly back together. My question is this....How does the HUB work? I know she has to call or go online to book for the 2 of us. She is going to stay in the room with me and we are hoping to stay in the AKL since she works in Animal Kingdom. How does it work with tickets and the room? Does she have to be with me to get in the parks? Sorry I know this is more than 1 question but I am hoping your expertise will help us out. Thank you in advance.

Zone Stop
06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Any bookings on the Hub are Room Only (except for the option for the Disney Dining Plan, when available), and because of the sizeable discount involved, not every resort is always available. Regardin admission, she'll either be using her "Main Gate" pass, in which case she WILL need to be with you for you to gain entry to the parks, or you would want to buy a seperate admission. (The last option is that she gets her friends to give her some of their bi-yearly Complimentary Tickets, which would not require her to be with you to go to the park)

Just curious, what does she do?

momef3grls
06-23-2009, 02:17 PM
She is a culinary student working as a chef. She is at the Tusker House and is usually out front on the buffet due to her knife skills, she is great on the carving station. If you get a chance to stop by her name is Ashley and she is from Johnson and Wales.

DVC2004
06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
When she gets on the Hub she needs to look for cast resort room discounts. If rooms are available, she should be able to book you a room under Family and Friends Discount. She will not need to stay in the room with you. Typically the discount is about 40% off the room rate. Subject to what is available of course. However if she does stay in the room with you the discount would be more like 50% off.

Tickets- she may have some comp admission tickets. She should call the cast hotline provided in the hub to check if she has or is eligible. Otherwise she can purchase discounted tickets but I don't recall the amount of the discount. She can check with the cast hotline. She should be able to get herself in with her ID. Hope this helped!

momef3grls
06-23-2009, 03:05 PM
for the help she tried to get on the other night and got real confused. So she asked me to ask the professionals:thumbsup:.