PDA

View Full Version : GF: Is the MK view worth the price?

Lillygoose
06-22-2009, 03:32 PM
We are staying at the Grand Floridian on this trip and thinking about going with the MK view vs the garden view. Any thoughts? What do you recommend? Is the MK view worth the extra price?:confused:

pox24
06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Personally, I don't think so. We always request Garden View in Boca Chica facing Narcoosee's. Each time they gave us that view, not always on the same floor. From the balcony you see the CR to the right and its 30 seconds to the pool and boat ramp. Just out the east side is great view of the castle and the lagoon.

TammiMcMan
06-22-2009, 03:46 PM
It's actually called a "theme park view" and I believe that's because they can't guarantee an unobstructed view of the castle.

Whether or not it's worth it, is really up to personal choice. There is something special about going to bed with the balcony curtains open and watching the castle changing color. I've had all 3 views at the GF and I haven't been disappointed with any of them.

SBETigg
06-22-2009, 04:49 PM
I've been very happy at the GF no matter the view. But it is pretty special to have the lagoon view, and the theme park view is that much more exciting. If you're at the resort and in your room enough to enjoy the view, I think you might find it worth the price. Waking up and going to bed with that view, watching the Electric Water Pageant and some fireworks from the balcony, just watching the boats and checking the MK morning crowds as they arrive-- it's all just a little something extra to add to your trip. But think about what else you could do with that money, also, because the GF is very pleasant with great views at other areas of the resort, too.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-22-2009, 08:44 PM
We were lucky enough to have been upgraded a few notches for our anniversary trip last November. The castle view was breathtaking!
:cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
06-23-2009, 09:12 AM
1) Boy, this one is a truly personal preference.
2) To me, a castle view is not a biggie.
3) But, I know some who feel their whole vacation was ruined without it.
4) I am not that big on "views".
5) Just give me pleasant, and not a garbage can or parking lot.

NOTE: As mentioned above, planning on a Castle View at GF can get disappointing if you have trees in your window view.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-28-2009, 04:41 PM
We always book a theme park view and ask for and receive a view of the castle. For us, having young kids it's worth it. We return to our rooms, get ready for bed and get to watch the fireworks with minimal crankiness. Later, there's the water pageant and being able to watch the castle change colors as we drift off to sleep. It's so magical!

SFTrny
06-28-2009, 06:56 PM
If you get a balcony room with a MK view...is there a way to tune in the fireworks music - either on the radio or the TV?

andreallybadeggs
06-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Worth it once but the second time we had a partially obstructed view...still nice but perhaps not worth the extra $. (Lovely view of a pine tree but I can get that for free whenever I like.)
Had MK view from Poly once but the castle starts to look pretty small by the time you get to the other side of the lagoon so nice but again maybe not worth the $. Stayed at Contemporary twice and had fabulous views of the castle but the GF is our DD's favorite so not an easy decision.
I will ABSOLUTELY agree though that there is something truly magical about tucking your little one into bed with a multi-colored good night kiss from Cinderella's castle. If you can afford it, go for it. :cloud9:

rjmdds
06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
I am a big fan of views. To me it adds to the whole experience. We had an unobstructed view of the MK from our GF room last year. We stayed in the Royal Palm Club so we were in the Main building. Previously we've had MK view from Boca Chica however there was a bit of a tree issue. All I could tell you is that my daughter and I sat on the bed in the Main Building room on our last visit and watched the fireworks and then Tink descend from the castle. She still talks about it. And there is nothing like waking up in the morning, throwing open the curtains and seeing the castle. For me it's all part of the :magic: