PDA

View Full Version : Love Bugs

Disney Doll
06-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I completely forgot about the love bugs when we scheduled our upcoming trip Sept 27- Oct 3. I've read several threads about the little buggers and I know they don't bit, but they're still gross. Any tips? Should we wear bug spray? Does that even help? I can handle it if they are just around, but I don't want them on me. :drama:

faline
06-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Some years are worse than others. For the most part, we've not been overly bothered by them. I'm not sure that bug repellant has an effect on them.

DANAM
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
I found they are a bigger problem for our windshield. We when at just about the same time. We drove in and everytime we stopped we had to clean the windshield but I don't ever really noticing them in the parks.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
their "first round" of "attacks" was actually pretty mild in May... they will strike again around August. bug spray won't work... and they aren't really that bad when you are just walking around... they are awful when you are driving 60 miles down a back road... they like to go smash on your windshield and car in general, leaving sticky, gross, bug goo to clean up later.

MNNHFLTX
06-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Having been around "the buggers" (I like that!) for many years in my life, I can tell you that bug repellent does not affect them at all. They are pretty much just flying aimlessly (and amorously) around, so if one lands on you it's just best to brush them off and remember how harmless they are. The good news is that they are typically more plentiful at the tail-end of August/beginning of September. Once the nights start getting cooler they are pretty much done, so you probably won't see a ton of them when you're there.