PDA

View Full Version : The Force is with Us - Day 5

MOJoe
06-22-2009, 12:37 PM
The Force Is With Us - June 10th

I wake up and check the time. 8:45! Minnie is awake, but laying in bed. "I can't believe i slept so late," i tell her. Maybe all the late evenings have caught up with me. Maybe it's the extra beer at the ESPN club the night before. But Minnie offers the best thought. "These beds are so comfortable." And she is right. The new bedding here is plush, relaxing, just wonderful. But it's not just the beds here that soften the call of the parks. This entire complex soothes and relaxes you. Instead of the hustle and bustle of the value resorts, the Beach Club seems to say "What's the rush? Sit back, enjoy the sights and sounds." We have quickly become spoiled to all the luxuries the Beach Club offers.

Everyone is slow to get going today, even though Magic Kingdom is our destination. Indy needs a morning snack, so we get a pastry from the Marketplace and take it to the quiet pool. Only seconds after we sit down and unwrap our treat, a duck swoops out of the sky, into the pool, and swims straight for us. It hops out, waddles over to within a foot of our table, stretches out it's neck and begins quacking. "You've got to be kidding. How did he know we had food that fast?" Indy, of course, wants to feed him. And i am looking for a photo opp. I tell Indy to stay put, while i get my camera. The duck and Indy comply. So in between bites, Indy tosses morsels to our feathered breakfast companion. I get lots of pictures, Indys gets his fingers snapped several times, and our new friend gets his fill of danish.

We don't get to MK till nealy noon. We catch a glimpse of the new Move it Shake it parade, and Dream Along with Mickey. I run over and get fastpasses for Splash, and then meet everyone at Crystal Palace for lunch. There is always a crowd here, and particularly on a hot day like today. People checking in, hostesses calling names, some unpronounceable, looking for those with reservations. And always a few sitting on the benches, hoping to get inside. After about 10 minutes, we are called. When i made this reservation, months ago, i considered going elsewhere. We have been here so many times, and the boys have no interest in Pooh and Tigger. But i am glad i kept this date, as the food was as good as ever. "This is the best meal we have ever had here," Minnie says. "I agree." No cutbacks or lower quality at the Crystal Palace.

After a great lunch, Indy and i march with Tigger around the room and leave happy and full. We decide to go to Tomorrowland for Monsters, as it was not open during evening EMH on Sunday. Minnie texted in a joke, but it was not used. Probably because it was not that funny. But in the show, a mother holding her child in the row in front of us was singled out. "A 2 headed human!" Unfortunately for them, they spoke no English, and looked even more foolish than the others who were picked on. All in good fun, of course.

After Monsters, we visited Buzz. TSM is great, but if the blasters on Buzz's ride were easier to use, this would be the top "scoring game" for me. From there i notice that the new Stitch show is going on. I walk over for a peek. The dancers are really shaking things up, trying to get the crowd into it. But the afternoon sun is brutal, so most people are standing way back under the TTA for some shade. Stitch shows up dressed in Vegas Elvis garb, and completes the show. It's cute, and worth a look. But nothing most people could not pass right by.

The boys want to ride the Teacups. So soon after lunch, Minnie senses disaster and refuses to join us. What was happy anticipation turns to fear and loathing as i whirl the boys in circles as fast as i can, until Indy yells uncle. "I feel like i'm gonna be sick." he says. Maybe i overdid it. But within a few minutes after getting off, he is fine.

We get in line for Pooh, but something is wrong. Several minutes go by, the line is backing up, and we haven't moved a step. "Let's bolt." So we walk over for another visit to Mickey's Philharmagic. We sit near the front. And though there is no one in front of us to block our view, the 3-D glasses don't work as well this close to the screen. Still, this is my favorite. And perhaps the one attraction i would choose, if i could only visit one. We consider Small World, but the sun is beating down on those in line, so we walk over to Spash, to use our fastpasses. Indy complains that Splash scares him. He doesn't look forward to the big drop. But we insist he ride with the rest of us. He reluctantly complies. But when it is all said and done, it is Minnie who is upset. She gets totally drenched by the water jets. Not just splashed, but Kali River style soaked. "It's a good thing i have on 2 shirts!" I know better than to laugh too much.

Today, the heat and the crowds have become much more evident. And with Minnie soaking wet, we decide to take the train to Mainstreet, and go back to the BC. I really want to stay for Wishes, but Minnie says, "There is no way i'm staying here like this, until the fireworks are over." So after a Mickey Bar on Main Street, back to the room we go. Well, everyone but me. The Rose and Crown is calling my name. And i heed the call.

The British Invasion is not playing today, so i sing along with The Hat Lady instead, and chat with the endless number of patrons who come and go. After staying here perhaps one beer too many, i go find my family. I still had planned to see Wishes tonight, but i find Minnie in the self service laundry, only halfway through her chore. I quickly see that we won't be getting back to MK tonight. So i go to Hurricane Hannahs, get Minnie a drink, and help dry and fold clothes. We catch Illuminations from the bridge connecting the Boarwalk to the BC, and have another nice meal at Beaches and Cream. Before retiring to bed, Solo, Indy and i relax at the beach. Cooling our tired feet in the sand.

Before we left home, i told Minnie and the boys, that i hoped we could relax a little more on this trip, and that i would not be disappointed if we skipped a few things. Well, we have certainly skipped a few things, taken advantage of our resort, and relaxed here. But Wishes was not one of those things i had included in a list of things i could skip. Still, we have 2 more nights to go. But i am a little concerned that our plan had been abandoned today. No miracles. No perfect timing. The only free gifts today were given by me to a hungry duck. As i consider the end of the day, i think. "I sense a disturbance in the Force."

tazlikesrobots
06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for posting your adventures at WDW! I've had a great time reading them and can't wait till my next visit :mickey:

DizNee143
06-22-2009, 03:00 PM
turne out to be a nice leisurely day..and relaxing..sorry you were bummed that you missed wishes though..

yjgirl32
06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Very nice report. Today was your day to give something free. Tomorrow might be another get something free. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
06-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
06-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Sometimes you just need to go with the flow - and it seems to me that the flow is a portion of the force!

pink
06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I know how Minnie must have felt. We went on Splash Mountain three times during our last trip and every time I would get "Kali River Rapids" soaked. :mickey:

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I am really enjoying your reports. Now on to the next one.:mickey: